Chapter 36

"Tell me your lies because I just can't face it."

Daphney's P.O.V

Blurry vision and shaky hands all along the drive but I finally got to my home. The drive which was about fifteen minutes felt like years but that was only because I'm scared that Alex is going to follow me home or something. I'm being stupid, weak, and vulnerable but I've never had a man hit me. I never knew what it felt like to be completely powerless in the hands of someone else not being able to defend yourself and the feeling is quite scary.

I pull up into my driveway, parking crookedly and sloppily, as I quickly yanked the keys out of ignition. My breath was shaky, my hands trembled, and once again my tears dripping black due to my makeup.

I quickly get out of my car. My breath came out as fog since the air was brisk as I ran up my porch as fast as possible and tried to unlock my front door, but it seemed as if it were impossible to get the key in the slot since my hands kept on shaking. I need to get a fucking grip on myself.

I felt the key push its way into the slot and I quickly turned it and opened the door, then pulling the key out. I quickly shut the door harshly, making sure to lock it.

I threw my purse on the floor along with my keys before pressing my back up against the door and slowly slid down as sobs left my mouth. I let out harsh and shaky breaths as I slowly descended down door and finally ended up sitting criss-cross. Tears dripped down my cheek, my breathing was erratic. I'm so fucking scared.

I stayed here for minutes on end as hiccuped sobs left my mouth. My body trembled and my anxiety had escalated through the roof. I felt like I was going to puke and like my lungs would give out. My head hurt, my body hurt, My eyes were sore. Every thing felt harsh as my head was basically spinning. I need something to calm me down.

I took a deep breath as I wiped my tears only to see my makeup staining my hands. I quickly picked my shaky body off the ground and made my way to the first floor bathroom just so I can wash my face.

I didn't even bother looking in the mirror, I just grabbed a pump of soap and rapidly washed my face under the cold running water, hoping it would make me feel better since my head and eyes were throbbing. Once I had finished my hand fiddled around the counter trying to find a hand towel, and then I dried my face as I stood up straight. As I wiped my face dry with the towel, I felt a sharp pain at my cheek hit, once I had gone over the place Alex had hit me.

He didn't hit me that hard did he? I don't remember it feeling that bad. Did it leave a mark? Oh god no, please don't tell me it left a mark.

I started to panic as I pulled the towel away from my face and looked up at the mirror only to see a very evident purple and red mark on my cheekbone. The sight made my stomach clench and drop as I found it hard to swallow.

I felt my eyes start to tear up again at the sight. I can't believe he did this, I can barely remember it. It's just a blur.

I swipe my hand over it as I looked at it in the mirror but I winced in pain. I felt the tears start to slide down my face once again and my body went weak.

I don't know what to do. What am I going to do? I just need something to calm me down, I don't care what it is but I need something to calm me down.

And that's when I remembered it. The stupid piece of folded up paper that held writing that was very close to me. The one thing that has managed to keep me calm throughout these past years. The note that Louis wrote me, years ago when I was leaving to school. It's the only thing capable of making me calm down.

I ran out of the bathroom as fast as my wobbly legs could carry me and then went up the stairs. I opened the door to my old room and turned on the light, only to be greeted of what used to be me. I rarely ever go in here because it makes me nostalgic and sad of what used to be.