Chapter 33

"It's gone too far to go back."

Louis' P.O.V

"Okay, okay, but can you guys actually believe that Louis is going to get married?" Liam drunkenly laughs as all the other guys joined on in unison.

Right now it was Saturday night and I had gone to Liam's house because Daphney went on a date with Alex.

"I mean it doesn't surprise me that he's getting married, it just surprised me he's getting married with satan." Niall laughs as he takes a swig of his beer.

"Hahaha very funny, may you please refrain from calling my fiancé satan?" I say rolling my eyes as I took a sip of my beer as well. I was gonna only have one mostly because I knew I'd have to go out and get more once we finish the pack, so might as well just stay sober for now.

"Well, she may not be 'satan' but she's a bit of a bitch." Harry says justifying Nialls response.

"Yeah, a mega bitch." Niall added on to Harry.

I rolled my eyes once again as I was about to reply.

"Okay, I get it, you hate her." I say summing up what they're saying as I took another gulp of my corona.

"It's not our fault, Louis you're literally twenty-four yet she holds you back from going out on the weekend, or coming over here and having a few drinks with us. You're like a grandpa, you can't even love your twenties properly." Liam argues as he started rolling a joint on the table.

"Yeah mate, we had the sickest time last week but you couldn't join because you and Lila were at home watching that housewife bullshit show." Niall said.

"Oh come on." I roll my eyes but I knew they were right. I just can't leave Lila because she sulks in her self pity and guilt trips me.

"Well then real talk. Who's the best man?" Liam asks me as he was finishing rolling the joint up.

"Me obviously." Niall shouts aloud as he fluttered his eyelashes jokingly.

"Well, you see, Louis and I uh- have the least amount of erm— fights, so it would only be proper if he chose me." Harry says as he did his usual 'uhms' and 'erms'.

"you're going to throw the bachelorette party Harold? Remember that time a few years ago that we went to a strip club and you called your mum to pick you up because you were scared?" Liam says to Harry as I watched them bicker.

"Well I was 18 Liam!" Harry says defending himself.

"I know, just messing with you lad." Liam laughs as he's about to light the joint but Harry stops him.

"Liam, you know Niall and I have Asthma. Please don't smoke." Harry mumbles as he pointed to Niall that sat next to him.

"Fine, Louis join me on the balcony please. You guys stay inside." Liam says picking up his joint and lighter and standing up from his side on the couch next to me. I get up as well, tucking my phone in the back pocket of my jeans.

Both Liam and I start walking over to the sliding door and then to the quite spacious balcony Liam had in his apartment.

I close the door behind Liam before turning around to see him sitting on a sofa next to the rim of the balcony as he starts lighting the spliff.

"When's the last time you even smoked a joint Louis?" Liam asked as I went to go sit down next to him.

"Lad it's been like a month, you know Lila hates this shit." I said as Liam took a draw of the spliff before passing it to me.

I take a hit as I held it in between my fingers, feeling an instant high that took away some of my anxiety.

"You do know you're my best man, right? So you can't be hating on Lila." I say as I let out the puff of smoke before handing the spliff back to Liam.

"Louis, you know that all of us have been here for you after you od'd five years ago. We all care about you and as fucking dumb as it sounds, I don't want you to make a mistake that you'd regret later." Liam says as he took a hit.

"You've been with Lila for two years and you haven't even told her about what happen back then, Louis." Liam said referring to when I was hooked on heroin. Lila didn't know me at the time but I know it's something I should've told her.

"You told that 15 year old back then, so why can't you tell your fiancé." Liam added on.

"Liam you know if I tell her, she'd hate me." I reply back at Liam as he handed me the joint.

"You see, this is exactly why I don't like her. She's quick to judge, that why you won't tell her. She seems nice at first but she ends up being a fake. Louis it's killing you." Liam said to me as he took another it from the spliff I have back to him.

He was right. I didn't want him to be right but he is.

"Liam, I want to get married to Lila, okay? Please just support it." I say sternly as I looked over to Liam.

He just sighed before patting my back.

"Okay Louis, we're all here for you but if you want to end it we'll be by your side, and if you want to run away, we're all here for you and we'll be the ones to join you."  Liam tells me and I appreciated it that I had them all by my side. He was right like he always was but here I am not listening to him once again, because I'm too stubborn but if shit goes to shit, there's always divorce, right?

"Thank—" but I was cut off by my phone ringing.

"Shit, wait let me answer, can you you go inside?" I ask Liam as I grabbed my phone from my back pocket. He simply nodded and went inside as he gave me the last of the blunt.

I read the caller ID and it was Daphney so I instantly answered.

"Hello?" I say as I pick up the phone and take a puff out of the joint before throwing it in the ash tray since it had finished.

"So I get home from my date and your fiancé calls as she apologised for what happened at the dinner with Alex last month before telling me that 'you guys are throwing a dinner with your family and Lilas family, including some of your friends and some of Lilas' and now she's inviting me as an apology from what happened last month?" Daphney says

"Well what did you say?" I said acting calmer than usual since I was high.

"The woman manipulated me into saying yes and somehow made me agree to bringing fudge brownies!?" Daphney said to me slightly panicking over the phone.

"So you're coming?" I ask as I bit my lip hesitantly.

"Yeah." Daphney said through gritted teeth.

"Fuck. Oh god. Fine, it's gonna be boring but I guess you'll be there. Wait when is the damn dinner anyway?" I ask completely forgetting.

"On Tuesday Louis." Daphney muttered angrily.

"Well I guess you're joining, I'm sorry she dragged you into this." I say apologetically.

"Well it can't suck that much if you're there." She mumbled into the phone bringing a smirk to my face.

"I guess it won't be as bad for me either since you'd be there too." I say in reply.

Okay so these are filler chapters because the next few chapters are going to be quite eventful and also I wanted to bring more understanding to the characters emotions. I made this update fast because you guys deserve it! I love you all!
-Emma ❤️