Chapter 17

"Somehow it feels like nothing has changed, right now my hearts still beating the same."

Louis P.O.V

There are three best ways to wake up in my opinion. You can wake up one day without your alarm and realise you have at least 2 more hours to sleep or you could wake up to morning sex to be blunt about it. My favourite way to wake up though, has to be waking up with someone in your arms but like in the good way, not waking up stiff and extremely fucking uncomfortable with your legs and arms asleep and so numb you can barely feel them. Waking up with someone in your arms and it feels good is the best, and when it's so quiet in the room you can just hear the steady breathing rhythms of one another with maybe little mumbles here and there if they sleep talk, and when you're the only thing keeping each other warm. That's the best way to wake up and that's exactly how I woke up this morning.

I really almost thought I was dreaming of a time and place three years ago but I wasn't. Here I am holding Daphney into my bare chest as her right leg and arm draped over my torso. I woke up like this with her, I guess we both merged into this when we were sleeping.

I looked at her below me as she nuzzled into my bare chest, she looked at peace. She looked like how she was three years ago, without a worry or care like how she is now but just at peace and cozily nuzzled up next to me. She also kept me warm. Even though we had a blanket over us, it was at least 60° and I get cold very easily but she's keeping me warm, I actually liked it. It all feels so heartwarming and loving, this feeling of just us in each other's arm made me forget about all my problems. The only thing I thought about now was us.

I don't know if I should pull away before she wakes up and avoid the awkwardness that awaits us or just stay here in her arms and holding her to my and pretending to sleep because I don't want to move away from her. It's just hard too because she's wrapped around me and she's just nuzzled Into my chest looking so absolutely peaceful and the warmth radiating off her body, it all just felt so at home.

I decided against it and let my head fall back on the pillow letting us stay in each other's arms.

We stayed here for about another five minutes until it ended with Daphney stirring awake quickly leaving me to pull away but I honestly don't even think she noticed because she jolted up and ran to her bathroom in her bedroom.

Worry rushes through me not knowing why she woke up so fast so I throw the blanket off of me and walked over to the bathroom, my feet brushing over the cold mahogany wood floor.

After I made the few steps up to the bathroom I peeked my head in to see that she had her head in the toilet bowl as she vomited. I reacted fast by walking over next to her and crouching down as I picked up all her hair with my hand so it wouldn't get in her face. I heard her empty herself into the toilet but this didn't bother me because I'd always help take care of my sisters and such, I was just worried as to what's wrong.

I rubbed her back with my hand going up and down and in circular motions to help relieve some of the tension she was probably feeling.

We may have stayed like this for a minute until she finally had nothing else to let out making her to rest her heard on the toilet bowl as she sat on the floor with me next to her.

"Are you okay? Do you need a doctor?" I ask her softly as I still held her head and rubbed her back.

"No... It's probably just something bad that I ate." She mumbled into the toilet bowl as she recovered from the events.

"You sure? I can take you to the hospital." I ask, reassuring her as I caressed her back.

"No it's flu season, it could be something I ate or drank? One of those probably." She mumbled slightly as she began to get up and walked over to the sink and opening the faucet only to cup some water in her mouth and then to spit it out. She then grabbed her toothbrush and began brushing her teeth really quickly before washing her mouth out once again.

"You see all better now." She says looking up at me as I was now standing up.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"I probably just ate something bad Louis, it's no big deal." She mumbles before walking out the bathroom into the bedroom with me following behind.

I then saw her take a pill out of her dresser and putting it in her mouth.

"What is that?" I ask her as I walked up next to her.

"My birth control that I take every morning?" She said in a questioningly sarcastic tone.

"Oh." I mumble still standing next to her.

She sighed before turning around and looking up at me with her doe eyes.

"Listen, I have to go run some errands and stuff so you should get dressed and go home. I'll talk to you later, okay?" She says still looking up at my as her warm hand was now placed on my '78' tattoo.

"Okay, if you feel bad don't hesitate to call okay? I'm only next door." I mutter as I walked away and picked up my slacks and button up that were scattered all around the floor due to our session last night.

"Okay, I will don't worry." She mumbled as she got her phone from the top of her dresser and as I got dressed only buttoning up the first few buttons and pulling my blazer around my waist.

I saw her bring her phone to her hear as I started to walk out.

"Bye." I tell her.

"Bye" she mumbled almost inaudibly as I guessed that the person on the other line had answered.

I started walking down the hallway and that's when I heard her slightly in the phone.

"Zara, I need you to come over and stop by Walgreens. I'll text you what I need you to get me." She said in a worried tone.

I would've gone back in there nutshell didn't ask me for a reason so I just walked out knowing if she needed something she would call me.

Short chap I know sorry. Comment your opinions!