Chapter 6

I want to thank all of you for the comments, I know you guys are the most dedicated readers ever and I appreciate it so much. I love you all!

"Don't dream it's over."

Daphney's P.O.V

It's been a week since my whole encounter with Louis and I've been doing nothing but trying to move out of the house, I'm looking for apartments and trying to convince my parents to let me move out but they've already told me that they've paid all the utilities for the next six months and if I make them waste thousands of dollars I'm on my own so guess who's stuck in her own fucking house.

Actually at the beginning of the week guess who came up to talk to me when I went outside to get something from my car? Lila.

Great right? She started to chat me up in her chirpy, cheerful tone. She started taking about how nice the house I lived in looked and how she's a graphic designer. I promise you she was talking for about forty minutes before remembering she had to send an email to work but we did exchange numbers. Yay.

In reality she isn't that bad though no matter how much I don't want to admit it. She's a nice person and she is really fucking pretty, she's really sweet and I can't say anything bad about her even though I'm doing everything in my power to find her flaws but no she doesn't have any, she's like a fucking barbie for gods sake!

No, I'm not jealous. No, I'm not it denial about my jealousy because I'm not jealous and I never will be!

I also haven't communicated with Louis, I have camped out in my house for the past week. You see, the thing is with my luck, I don't have any. If I leave my house he will probably be where I'm going and in reality, I don't want to talk to him and not because I hate him because actually I don't hate him at all, I just know that I don't want to confront him. I want to move out and forget this ever happened so I can get on with my sad life.

Zara's tried to invite me out this week to parties and stuff but honestly I'm really afraid to leave my house. I will either bump into him outside or see him at a fucking party or maybe even crash my car into him for gods sake with my type of luck. Either of them are chances I don't want to take.

And then next weekend my parents are coming to check up on me, isn't that just fan-fucking-tastic?

They wanna see how I'm doing and how the place is running but on the bright side they are dropping of the most precious thing that I love most in the world.

My cat.

You will never understand how much I love Chester, it sucks I never got to see him but that cat is like my child. He is the fattest, fluffiest, and softest cat you will ever meet, and all he wants is cuddles and food. Not to mention I have a motherly instinct over him since I raised him from birth practically.

I think I may love my cat more than myself? Is that wrong?

I sigh at the thought now missing my cat more than ever.

Something that always no doubtlessly that makes me feel better is food, like ramen or cookie dough. I love both almost as much as I love my cat.

I simply hop off my bed, and walk out my room.

I pass a mirror as I walk out my room, and obviously I feel the need to examine myself.

I wasn't wearing any makeup, and I swear I look like a baby. I have a baby face that makes me look fifteen when in reality I'm actually eighteen so the reason I put on all that makeup is to make me look punk and badass when in reality all I do is sit at home in my pink underwear listening to the 1975 and dancing around with an occasional swig of vodka and a fall on my bum here and there because I am legit the clumsiest person on the face of the earth but no one needs to know that, right?

I shake the thoughts out my head before walking my way down the stairs.

Right now it was around 7 pm but due to the time change the sun already went down.

Once I made my way down the stairs, I skipped into the kitchen and opened the fridge grabbing the cookie dough and walking over to the couch plopping myself down.

I reached over for the remote turning on the TV to watch my Gordon Ramsey show or also known as Hell's Kitchen.

I practically stuffed my face with cookie dough as I watched the show, this probably me in my most unattractive.

As I was about twenty minutes into watching the show and stuffing my face with my heavenly food until I was rudely interrupted by my phone ringing.

"Godamnit." I muttered as I contemplated wether I should get up and get my phone or not.

"Fine." I muttered dropping my packet of cookie dough on the couch and walked over to the counter grabbing my phone.

I checked caller ID to see who was calling and to my surprise it was Lila.

I sighed before pressing the answer button on my phone and bringing up the cold glass to my ear.

"Hello?" I question as I picked up the phone and walked back to the couch, the phone still pressed up against my ear.

"Daphney! Hi, how are you?" I heard Lila chirp into the phone.

"Oh hi, I'm good and you?" I say as I plopped my self back down on the couch.

"Oh, I'm good, thanks for asking." She says into the phone.

I make a slight chuckle to signal I was still on the line as I brought my gaze up to the TV.

"So anyway, I was calling because Louis and I are having a cocktail party type of thing on Friday and we wanted to invite you so we can get to know you better and welcome you to the neighbourhood!" She tells me into the phone seeming excited.

A cocktail party, Louis having a cocktail party? I was laughing so hard internally because the Louis that I used to know would've cringed at the idea of a cocktail party.

No, I don't want to go that would involve me going to his house, seeing him, having to talk to him. Nope, nope, nopedy, nope, nope.

"I don't kn-" I try to say but I was cut off.

"I really think you should come, I know it might seem awkward because you don't know anyone but I really think you'll have fun, plus free booze." She chuckles into the phone, her voice going soft.

Then I blurted out something having absolutely no control over my mouth.

"Yeah, I'll go." I blurt out.

God what the fuck was that? That just came out of me like word vomit. I have to fucking go now, are you kidding me?

"Yay! I'm so excited! It's going to be at our house at around 8 pm, I can't wait!

"Me either!" I nervously chuckle into the phone before Lila said goodbye and hung up on the phone.

Oh my god, what did I just do?