Chapter 27

"I need you and I hate it."

Louis' P.O.V

I woke up to the doorbell ringing rapidly, not even realising that I fell asleep on the couch.

"Get the door, please..." I hear a groggy but soft voice mumble under me and that's when I realised I took a nap with Daph.

I slightly yawn and rub my eyes with my hands, adjusting to the gloomy grey day outside the window. No wonder we fell asleep, it's literally perfect nap conditions.

"Hm? Yeah, sure babe." I mumble still half asleep as I slowly detached her arms off of me and then got up from the couch.

"My wallet's on the counter, pay with mine." I hear the sleepy voice mumble.

"I'll pay, don't worry." I yawn sleepily as I grabbed my wallet from the pocket of my sweat pants and then went to the door and open it before Daphney had the time to protest.

I grab the pizza from the little teenager, giving him a 20£ bill, and telling him to keep the rest as change before closing the door and dropping the pizza on the counter of the kitchen.

"Hey, you want me to get you a plate?" I yawn once again as I went to find a plate in the racket of drawers.

"I don't have plates and I ran out of paper plates, I really have to go to ikea  and buy stuff for the house." I hear her mumble sheepishly as she turned over on the futon now cuddling with a pillow.

"So, what do I do?" I ask her as I rubbed my eyes with my hands.

"Just bring the box over here." She mumbled as she pet Chester, who laid next to her, taking my spot.

"Okay." I yawn yet again as I walk over with the box, to the futon but she stopped me halfway.

"Can you check if I still have that bottle of wine in the fridge? You can't ever go wrong with wine and pizza." She mumbles as she starts to sit up now, waking up from her little nap fully.

That's when I remembered the last time she was drinking and I had to come over and help her. Should I?

"I also have beer in there too, it's corona, the one you like." She mumbled yawning too as she stretched her arms.

I sigh before replying.

"Are you sure?" I ask getting worried about her.

"Louis, it's not like I'm drinking first thing in the morning, it's 6 pm." She slightly chuckles running her hands through her hair in the process.

"Okay..." I mumble as I dropped the pizza on the futon before walking back to the fridge, grabbing the bottle of wine and the six pack of beers. By the time that I came back, Daphney had already stuffed her face with a slice of pizza.

"Don't give me that look, I'm hungry!" She said defending herself but it just caused me to laugh as I handed her the wine and got a bottle for the six pack, opening it with my hand.

I grab a slice of pizza before taking a gulp of the cold liquid that I held in my hand.

"Wanna watch a movie?" Daph asks as she grabs the remote to her TV.

"Is this Netflix and chill now?" I laugh as I take another gulp of my beer.

"Oh, didn't expect you to know what Netflix and chill was, grandpa." She giggled as she took a sip of her wine and a bite of her pizza. Jokingly I put my hand up to my chest before replying.

"I'm only twenty-four!" I say aloud as I gave her a glare.

"Well you sure don't act like one..." She trails off as she rolls her eyes jokingly while she takes a sip of wine.