Chapter 8

"And this is how it starts."

(Ily if you know where that's from.)

Louis' P.O.V

I was kissing her.

No I am kissing her.

I don't know what came over me, we both knew it's was coming three seconds before, we knew where it was heading.

Our lips right now, both in sync, my hands pinning hers against the wall leaving her absolutely powerless but she kissed back.

The passion in the kiss. All this held up tension leaving our bodies as my hands slowly loosened their grip on her hands still feeling the goosebumps on her arm, not sure due to the cold or the kiss. Her hands instantly making their way to my hair pulling me down into her harder. My hands now grasping onto her waist and pushing her into the wall harder. Our lips still merging onto one another's leaving them in this deep, passionate kiss.

This feeling inside me, I was going crazy like I couldn't get enough of her even though we may have only been here for a few seconds. Her hand clutched onto my hair hard as she stood on her tippy toes even though she wore platforms.

I had these flashbacks as I kissed her, almost a mirage of moments we've had together cut into snippets, then put in a reel that played in my mind bringing so many flashbacks like the night that she first kissed me and such.

It was not until a few seconds when we heard a snap behind us that we both pulled away so fast almost like fucking lighting in realisation in what we've just done.

Obviously both of our heads jolted to where the noise came from only to find out that a dry brittle leaf fell off of the small plant onto the glass coffee table making a snapping sound.

My head then frantically turned looking back at Daphney, her hair disheveled and her eyes wide staring into mine.

She stared at me wide eyed panicking and trembling. I knew her well enough to know that whenever she's extremely nervous or close to the brink of running away she shakes silently panic running through her body.

Me on the other hand, I was in shock. I can't believe I did that. I don't know what came over me. It was almost like an instinct.

"I-i think..." She trailed off her voice stuttering.

It was crazy how maybe only a minute ago she had the attitude and confidence that was unbelievable but now she's vulnerable and small. Did I have this affect on her?

"That was a-a mistake, I should really go." She stuttered as she was about to run off but I caught her wrist just in time.

She instantly snapped her head back, looking up at me so lost and confused.

That's when I realised I had absolutely nothing to say, nothing at all. Out of instinct I grabbed her wrist just to see her face. Nothing to say, nothing to do, I just wanted to see her face. We stayed like that for a few seconds before I loosened my grip on her wrist, she slowly pulled away before scurrying out of the back gate of the yard in her little black dress.

I stood there staring at the gate long after she left, thinking, contemplating, and utterly stunned at my actions.

My feelings were so mixed up. Here I am at my shared house with Lila kissing another girl.

Oh god Lila.

I loved Lila, I loved her to pieces. Yeah, things did get boring with her sometimes but I still loved her dearly. I mean I am gonna be marrying her, how else can I prove how much I love her?

I'm so fucking mixed right now. I mean the reason I probably kissed Daph was because I'm nervous. That's it I'm fucking nervous! I mean my mum is coming into town tomorrow to help Lila plan the wedding with lottie and felicité, I also have to find my best man out of Liam, Harry, and Niall, and plus we have to go meet with the wedding planner tomorrow.

I kissed her because I'm nervous and stressed out, that's all. I don't have feelings for her. I love Lila and I kissed Daphney out of instinct.

I mean if I do have to admit something,  Lila doesn't fulfil my needs sometimes as in she can't make me- you know... so maybe that was just built up sexual tension that I had but never emerged.

I don't have feelings for Daphney, I had feelings for the girl she was, not who she is now, and no I'm not convincing myself this, I know it for a fact.

It was just sexual tension, that's all. I would be lying if I said I wasn't looking at her all night but that dress just clung to her body giving her such a nice shape and showed off her natural assets. I mean okay she did look hot, that's what I'm trying to say but she didn't look hot she looked pretty too. How could I not check her out maybe once or twice?

That's all it was, no feelings for her or anything.

I was then interrupted from making excuses for myself when I heard the sliding door open.

"Louis, there you are! That was a long smoke babe" I heard the soft spoken voice of Lila chirp.

I turned my head looking at her. Lila was pretty and stuff but she never gave me that feeling in my stomach that gave me that adrenaline that you get when you looked at someone that you liked but on the contrary I did like Lila, I loved her.

She came up to me and wrapped her arms around me giving me a hug. She smelt like the same old cinnamon perfume she wore.

I didn't have much of a height difference with Lila, she was 5'5 leaving us with a normal height difference of four inches. It wasn't like with Daphney that she would need my help constantly because she couldn't reach something or it was much easier to carry her, I can still carry Lila though.

"You nervous about tomorrow, babe?" She asks me looking up at me, still holding me in her embrace.

I hated to admit this bug I hated it when she hugged me, it just didn't feel right.

I clear my throat before replying.

"Yeah a little, I just can't believe we're already planning, you know?" I say a bit truthfully.

Lila then slowly pulls away from the embrace and I'm slightly relieved.

"I mean you did ask me last month, it's getting to that time that we kinda have to plan."  She giggles slightly holding my hand in hers.

I make a small chuckle.

"We're so young to be getting married, I'm only 24." I tell her truthfully but her face instantly dropped when I said that.

Lila is very sensitive, she gets easily hurt for that matter.

"Are-are you regretting the engagement?" She said stuttering, as he voice started cracking.

"No, no, no, no, no, no!" I say aloud jumping to her side and wrapping my arms around her.

Last thing I need right now is her crying because of the assumptions she's  making.

"No I don't mean that, I think it's cool we're getting married young! I wouldn't have asked you if I didn't want to marry you, baby!" I tell her trying to comfort her, I kissed the top of her had and rubbed her arm with my hand.

She sniffled and looked back up at me like she was about to cry. Oh god, not right now.

"Are you sure?" She asks me, her eyes glossy.

"I'm 100% sure, I love you so much." I say softly as I bring her into a hug, which I hated doing so much.

"I'm sorry I'm over reacting, I'm just kind of scared that you don't want me. That's all." She whispered into my shoulder.

My hands softly brushed her back.

"No reason to be sorry, it's okay." I mutter into her head.