Chapter 17 - Philip

Start from the beginning

  Chuck was not pissed off as most people get; paying crooked cops off was part of business, plus they came in handy at times. The drug kingpin picked up his landline and phone the receptionist who assured him someone would be there right away. Moments later Tony arrived carrying a briefcase full of money.

  “Thank you son,” Thomas said, as the young gangster handed over the money.

  “So any word on Albert’s guys?” Chuck asked.

  “None yet, I’ve got guys looking into it,” Thomas said.

  Chuck sighed in disappointment he had handed over at least two packages to Thomas without information, “What about this new young crew getting around smacking up dealers?”

  Thomas chuckled, “I haven’t heard of them so I’m guessing they’re nobodies.” 

  Chuck was unimpressed with the drug squad detective’s lack of consideration on the matter. “It was nice to see you again,” Chuck said, as he stood up to shake Thomas’s hand.

  “Likewise,” Thomas said.

  Chuck fiddled around with his gold watch as he viewed Tony escorted Thomas down in the lift via security footage. His two front door security guards watched the narcotics agent walk to his vehicle like hawks.

  He flipped between screens checking on everybody, all the girls were working at their desks, along with the business dressed bodyguards, all on computers with guns in draws. If anyone thought he would be an easy target here amongst office workers they were dead wrong. 

  There was two unarmed security guards patrolling the car park at all times, two at the front entrance; both were armed, a few of Chuck’s boys hanging around everywhere, and a dozen well armed office guys on computers.

  The landline phone rang and Chuck screened the caller I.D; it was reception.

  “Okay send her in,” Chuck said, as he hung up the phone.

  Tony escorted the beautiful Leila inside the office, “Want me to wait outside?” The bodyguard asked. 

  “Yeah, organize the boys, we’re going to Fright tonight.”

  Leila stood with her luscious red hair running down her shoulders with a cheeky grin; she had her hands full with an assortment of shopping bags. Leila began working for the organization doing some bookwork for the legitimate of the drug lord’s business. Once he saw her working hard and calculating numbers, the man had to have her.

  “You got my goods?” Chuck asked.

  “Of course baby,” Leila said, not noticing Chuck grimace at the word baby.

  “Let me see,” Chuck said.   

  Leila placed the bags on the floor and opened the first one, she held up a black long sleeved V-neck, “This will look hot with all that gold,” Leila said, winking.

  Chuck rolled his eyes, “Okay, next.”

  Leila flipped through a few more shirts, pants, and sneakers until Chuck decided on an outfit.

  “What are those two?” Chuck said, pointing to the two unopened bags on the floor.

  Leila smirked, “You said, I could buy myself something,” She said, pressing a finger into his chest and planting a kiss on his chin.

  “I’m going to go shower,” Chuck said.

  “Me to,” Leila said, winking.