Champion

I crashed through the door. With so many feelings running through my mind and body about today, I didn't even have the energy to stay awake.

Cloudy and his Wolves won the tournament for the school.

I won the Underground for Red Bull.

Auntie won the lawsuit against Black Inc.

I flopped against my bed with the widest smile on my face, just as Jinx, Cloudy, and Amy burst through and tumbled onto the bed at all sides. I can't even sleep in peace apparently.

I sighed as they snuggled in. Amy laid on my stomach, Cloudy at my feet and Jinx on my chest. "It's really over isn't it?" My eyelids were so heavy. My mind never felt so clear. Maybe this was the relief that people feel when they're cleansed of an addiction. Maybe this is the feeling of relaxation: a light, warm feeling of emptiness.. of peace and ease.

"Maybe we should get some sleep. Are you coming to the school with us in the morning?" Cloudy asked as he snuggled in between my feet. I shrugged.

"Why not? There's no annoyance there anymore,"

My body shut down like clockwork, and I welcomed darkness in the moonlight as it slowly faded away to the dawn of the sun.

...

Blinking, I woke up to clothes having been put on me, and Cloudy running around my room grabbing my stuff. Amy brushed her teeth in the bathroom and Jinx packed breakfast for everyone. I tried to focus my eyeballs on the commotion, but I didn't even have time.

"You slept for three years!" Amy complained, yanking my sleepy ass out the bed and fluffing my bedhead into a curly unmanageable ponytail. "We're already an hour late Mixian,"

I didn't have time for a rebuttal. They practically lifted me out of the apartment and to the car like rushing parents. I groggily complained, of course, as I always do. But they ignored me as per usual.

The school's environment just breathed "freedom". They threw posters in the windows, streamed lights across the front door and students wore whatever fitted their style on the quad. When they saw me, they all ran inside excitedly. Jinx and the rest acted like this was nothing new to them. I tried to keep my suspicions from running wild.

Cloudy opened the door for me. As I pulled my hoodie down, I opened my eyes in shocked awe to a roaring schoolwide applause. Students, teachers, janitors, lunch ladies, bus drivers, even principal Osbald was cheering along with all the rest. How could I react to this? How do you react when you're ambushed with celebration for being a fighter? I've never had such love and such kindness shown to me at once. My hands cupped over my mouth.

From out the crowd came Khan, clapping and bowing to me before pulling me into a hug. "You don't know how much you just freed us all, Mixian," He sniffled. I wore a confused face,

"What did I do?"

"You broke down the Blacks! You completely deconstructed all they were and manipulated!"

"I don't understand..."

Oswald waddled towards me before handing me an envelope and turning back to the crowd. He started explaining from one far left-side end of the crowd to the far right. "Mr.Leota here was forced by the Blacks to use the same car for years, no matter how broken down and old it was, because they had invested in the car company. Had he refused, they would have fired him and made sure he didn't get a job."

He pointed to someone else. "That student over there, his grandfather was a victim of Black identity theft. They've been taking money from his retirement checks for 10 years, Mixie. Thanks to you, he finally gets that money back that they stole,"

Oswald brought one of the girl students to me. She was holding a sleeping baby boy. "Toya here is a mother, who had no way to pay for her child's care because the Blacks had altered her insurance and food stamps to reap the benefits. She had to run her credit and destroy it. Now that they're gone, she can create a better life for herself and her son,"

I was shocked into silence, "You see? You were the key that unlocked this school's chains. You are our hero!"

They cheered again, all chanting my name with every inch of their voice. A lump of another wave of tears sat in my throat. Was I really the savior of all of these people? Did I really do all this?

"In fact, I think I'll dismiss school today. Today is Mixian Moxelle day! Everyone, GO HOME!"

They flooded through the doors. Teachers, students, staff all out at once. I smiled, just as my phone went off. Jinx and the rest had already went ahead of me.

It was Auntie.

Come to your apartment when you're done school. There's some things we need to talk about.