Run In

Thank you to every single reader that has shown me support on Mixie Moxie so far! I hope you're ready to start the drama with me, and oh yes, is it getting started. 

*THIRD PERSON SHIFT*

MIxie plugged her ears. Amy and Todd just wouldn't shut up, recalling the events from the train.

"And then when she punched the guy, his body went all noodlely!" Amy exclaimed, waving her arms in a crazy motion that looked similar to an octopus. Todd laughed and nodded, agreeing and adding to the story.

"Then she walked off all badass like some hero off a comic book with her gloves on her hands and that twinkle twinkle in her eye, you saw it too right?" Todd imitated Moxie's stance, making Amy chuckle at his pretended intimidation. Mixie shook her head, fighting everything inside her not to feed their fires. 

"Can both of you just shut the flying fuck up?" Mixie snorted. Amy walked alongside her, holding her shoulder and giving the look of a questioning five year old. 

"Flying fucks? Fucks don't fly." Amy joked. Mixie stiffled a laugh at their dumb antics as they walked upon the downtown plaza, where Amy fell head over heels in love with a sequined purple punk dress that was cut just above the knee, and replaced with a fish net layer. Amy pressed her face tight against the window, so close a fog formed around her mouth. She was in love. 

"OHHHH sweet oily Jesus," She started, "I need this in my life." Amy stood up, prepared to open the door to the boutique and pay fro the dress right on the spot, when Todd pulled her back, throwing his heavyset arm around her shoulder. 

"Dude, it's Triss." Todd pointed toward the back of the store, where Triss was buying the exact same dress that Amy had just fallen in love with. Triss glanced back toward the glass, and upon seeing the trio stare into the window, her shimmery glaze lip gloss formed an evil sneer. Mixie cracked her knuckles. 

"She's just buying that dress because I like it." Amy sputtered. "She's such a bitch." 

"Then I'll make sure she doesn't buy it." Mixie chimed in, unfazed by Triss's  sneer.  Amy pulled Mixie's arm, pulling her back before she could open the door. 

"You're already on Jack's bad side, don't add Daddy's favorite to the list." Amy warned. Todd nodded firmly in agreement.  By the time Mixie prepared to exhale,  Triss was already out of the door, dress in hand. 

"Oh," Triss began, looking back to her trio of girls who looked like they groomed themselves every five minutes, "I didn't see you there, Ames."   Amy shrunk back, partially hiding herself behind Mixie. Amy was about five inches taller than this girl, but Triss still scared her away. Triss held up the dress in her hand. "Isn't it pretty? I'm gonna shred it up to add onto my actual prom dress." 

Mixie growled under her breath. 

"Waste of a dress." Todd mentioned. Triss turned to him, eyed wide to actually hear him speak. 

"Who asked for your opinion?" She asked. The girls behind her giggled and whispered to themselves. 

"Who asked for you to stop and talk to us?" 

Triss turned away from her band of followers, to see Mixie with her hands in her pocket, hoodie slung over the side of her shoulder. She spit to the side, where it landed gracefully in a patch of sidewalk grass. Triss crossed her arms, shaking her head until her curls bounced fluidly. 

"And... who are you?" 

"Don't worry about who I am." 

"Oh, wait." Triss began, " You're the one that stepped up to my brother." Amy put a hand on Mixie's shoulder, but she shrugged it away. Todd bit his lip hard enough to turn a dark shade of pink. "Listen, you're way out of your league, here, why don't you just hurry back to Kansas, little Dorothy." 

"Dorothy is a shitty name." Mixie started. One of the trio behind Triss gave a heartbroken "Heyyyy!" Apparently, that was her name. Triss raised and eyebrow, waiting for Mixie to finish. "My name is Mixian. And clearly I don't want to be in a league of thin eyebrow, primped up poodle, over-plucked chickens." Todd and Amy stiffled a laugh, hiding behind each other as they slouched behind Mixie. Triss threw the dress to the trio behind her. 

"Watch what you say, bitch." Triss warned. 

"Or what? You're gonna break a nail trying to threaten me, prissy chick." Mixie threw words back at Triss until her face looked like it was about to steam.  

"I'm not my dumb ass of a brother."

"You're right, you're uglier." 

Amy and Todd couldn't hold their laughter any longer, they cracked up, almost falling to the floor, even one of Triss' trio giggled. Triss turned a heavy shade of pink.

"Bitch, I'll destroy any image you created, don't fuck with me!" Clicking her heels, Triss stood firmly in front of Mixie, staring into Mixie's dead serious eyes with her own. There were twinkles in each of their eyes. 

"Same here, Triss. Don't fuck with what you can't touch."  Mixie slowly brought her hands out of her pockets, keeping Triss concentrated on staring into her eyes. Amy and Todd walked slowly toward Mixie, they already knew what was about to happen. Triss' crew drew back, and called out to Triss, attempting to warn her. 

"Triss, move!" Before they could succeed in the warning, Amy and Todd were already firmly behind Mixie, and it was too late.

Mixie swung.