Alive and Wrecked

I had to wait before I could finally go into the room and talk to Amy. Monty was practically bouncing off the walls too. We just wanted to go in there... we just wanted to see her. 

"Maybe we just have to go in and face the music? Like ripping off a band-aid... or jumping in a cold pool?" Monty suggested. I tugged on my arm, thinking about it myself. 

"Yeah, fuck it let's go." Monty nodded, pushing open the door and letting me step inside. 

We both gasped and stopped where we were. 

Amy had tubes in her neck, sucking fluids out of her lungs. She had IV in her arm, and her body was wrapped from waist to shoulder in bandages. Her skin held patches of dark purple markings and bruises, and stitches that reopened to bleed when she tried to move too much.

"Hey." She spoke, her voice raspy and clogged from the tube. Todd placed his hand on her shoulder. 

 "Don't talk. The tube." She nodded. 

"Amy all this happened from the ambush?!" I cried, hands still clasped hard over my mouth. She nodded again.

"Because of y--"Todd was about to come at me again, but Amy placed her hand on his and shook her head. She smiled at me, making a thumb with her other hand. I couldn't help but let out a laugh. 

"Do you remember what the fucker looked like? I can't remember shit honestly." I asked. She nodded. 

"Would you be able to tell me? After you heal?" She nodded. A fountain of relief poured over me. Amy was alive, I could have closure. Todd turned his head to the window, refusing to engage in the conversation or even look at anyone for that matter. Monty clapped his hands together, tears almost in his eyes. 

"I'm glad all of you are okay and alive..." He was about to break down in tears. I had to punch his arm to get him to harden up. Amy giggled.

"Yeah." Todd mumbled. All I could do was look at him. I didn't need any more enemies or drama for that fucking matter. I was just glad that my actions didn't kill anyone. 

I didn't want that on my shoulders again.

"Let's spend the night here while they recover," Monty suggested.  Amy nodded her head in agreement and soon we were cuddled up in a hospital chair in the room while the night sky welcomed us to sleep.

It was just too much drama for one day. 

And it wasn't even over.