Sacrifice

Luca's body hit the ground hard. Lifeless, motionless. I lost control.

Throwing the phone against the car door, I kicked it open so hard it detached from the hinges. Jinx's gang had infiltrated the basement building. Gunshots rang all throughout the building, and Amy looked around for signs of cops or people who would call for them. Adrenaline took over my body.

Everyone has to die for this. EVERY. FUCKING. BODY.

I grabbed a nearby gun that had slid in the corner of the room as I broke into a basement window. Jinx pulled me to the side, shooting a Dragon in the temple with swift ease. They fell to the ground without a word.

"Luca's over there, *bang* stay low I'll cover you! Go! *bang bang*"

I crawled as quick as I could, ducking behind falling bodies and gunshots while I covered my ears to the sound. The only thing in my sights was my brother.

Finally, I got to his body. Blood pooled under him, but I didn't have time to examine him. A Dragon stood behind me with a gun to my head. Before I thought about it, I turned the gun behind me, and shot his knee. Hearing him shriek in pain, I lifted my brother and carried him as I kneeled to the window before handing him to Amy, who handed him to Auntie, who sped off to the hospital with Zoey.

Now to kill the only one left in my mind.

I had to find Todd.

"Mixie!" Chad shouted in the middle of a grapple with a Dragon trying to stab him in the chest. I steadied my aim, attempting to take my time, but there was none to take. I bit my teeth.

Bang.

The guard flew against a pillar, blood covering his face as he slid to he ground. Cloudy taught his breath, and when I caught up to him, pointed to the window, where Todd had just climbed out and was making a break for it.

Sneaky little fuck! A Wolf and an Eagle took after him just as I attempted to climb out of the window, "Don't shoot him!" I commanded, "Leave him to—"

Bang!Bang!

Silence befell the neighborhood. Birds escaped from the trees, and in the distance the caw of crows echoed. Just as I squeezed myself through the tiny sliver of a window, Amy stood over Todd's bleeding body with a smoking handgun to his stomach.

"Amy..." I mumbled. Tears streaked her face in pain and anguish. In heartbreak and sadness. She spun the revolver. It was the one from Max.

"Why?!" She screamed. He weakily held his hands up at her, blood streaming from his lips as he tried to part them. His other hand shook while he covered his side that bled profusely. "WHY?!" She screamed again.

"I... knew... where... Luca... was," He mumbled faintly. Her face scrunched in denial as he tried with every bone in his body to continue. "I joined... to be an insider... to know where... they... where..."

"FUCK THAT!" her words pierced the air harshly as she moved the gun to his head. Everyone has crawled out from the basement now, watching everything unfold. I dropped my gun and held my hands up at Amy, I felt like I was the only one that could reason with her now.

"Amy..."

"SHUT UP, I'll SHOOT HIM!"

"You already did! He's dying, Amy!" Her eyes jutted over to me before she threw her head to the side and slammed her eyes closed. Tears fell down her cheeks like rain. Only the gun and her temper stood between us.

"Shoot me..." Todd mumbled, giving up and throwing his head back against the street into his own blood. It soaked his hair as he spoke wheezily, "I... shot Luca..."

"Why did you do it...?" My voice cracked while I tried to remain calm. Amy lowered the gun and stared darkly at the ground, tears soaking her collar. "Why did you shoot him?"

"So... Max... wouldn't...."

"But—"

"I shot Max..."

Every emotion... all the shock, anger and sadness, broke when he told me.

"Did he get away?!" I fell to my knees and covered his wound. Todd winced hard, and pointed to the alley just behind the building, where small pits of blood made a trail to the opposite pavement.

"Go..." he wheezed, "I'm sorry... I didn't give... you a chance..."

"I'm sorry too," I mumbled, biting my lip before glancing over to Cloudy and Jinx, who made a beeline for the alley. As I got up, I heard his last words.

"Amy... I'm ... sorry... I love you—"

In the distance, sirens, whether they were police or ambulance I couldn't tell, grew closer and closer. I turned one last time to signal to Amy that we had to leave, where she made eye contact with me, sniffled as one last tear fell down her face, and pointed the gun at his head.

BANG.