Finals

I woke up before the world, still asleep in the now shining light of the sun. My body felt like I was high in the sky and not even within myself. I had slept off the soreness of training within a couple hours and I felt literally ready to fight the universe if they all wanted smoke.

I felt like a whole new Mixie. It was a damn good feeling.

"You're up," Robin's voice trailed contently behind me. I whipped around to her slight smirk as she examined my body. "You look ready. In such a short time, too."

"You put me through shit, so yeah, I'm ready,"

Her eyes searched my soul, and I felt a tingling chill surge down my spine. She traced my shoulder with her fingers and pulled me into a hug so tight and so comforting that I felt like I would melt in her arms. "I'm proud of you, Mixie,"

Her words sounded similar to the way my mom would say it when I would bring home money to her. The same twinge of pain wrapped in happiness and reluctance. I pulled Robin with the same strength she pulled me.

"I'm out of the limelight, but now it's Red Bull's turn to finally show the world not to fuck with female boxers. For the last time."

We locked eyes, nodding and clasping hands just as her watch alarm went off. It was time.

...

With everyone up, we walked towards the building for the last time like a mob boss walks to collect his dues. The music blared from blocks away, enough to deafen a concert. Adrenaline pumped through my veins so hard that every step felt like I was vibrating the earth around me. It wasn't even about the money, or the school, or even The Wolves. This was about proving myself. Proving Red Bull is not, and will never be, one to fuck with.

Cloudy called his boys just before we got in, and they met us outside with my clothes and other items. "Before we go in," he said, fixing my hair and primping it into a curly ponytail that showed my face," are you ready to walk out of here with the title, and be the face of our school?"

I chuckled, "Cloudy, by the time this shit is over, y'all school will build a new damn school with the money we make." I cracked my neck, "Y'all already know my face, might as well put it on a school billboard."

Just as I was about to take my step in, I felt a tug at my hip. Zoey's eyes stared at me intently in the sunlight, as she silently bit her lip and tightened her grip on my hip. I squeezed her hand and nodded. "I will, Zo."

Camera flashes and conversations bombarded us. To get to the damn locker room was a nightmare in itself, let alone to close it and ignore all the people trying to put me on Snap and Twitter to place their bets.

"Mixie!! I get Cash Apped 300 if you win this!!"

"Mixie!! My baby mom will leave me alone if you win this!!"

"Mixie!! I DON'T GET DEPORTED IF YOU WIN THIS!! PLEASE WIN THIS!!!"

Why were people betting their damn lives on me? I'm not Mayweather for shit's sake... even though I damn sure felt like him.

I slammed the door shut, uncaring about who's teeth I probably broke. Amy took my training clothes and placed them in my bag. Jinx wiped my forehead of dry sweat and misted my body down to cool. Auntie took a picture for her page. Cloudy and his Wolves garbed me down before putting me in front of the mirror.

"Holy shit..."

I can't explain how royal I felt. In bright blue, lighter than the color of the sky on a clear spring day, a robe fell from my neck to my ankles. It shone in silver trim that matched the sky blue gloves and shorts. In all white, Wolves went down my thigh.

"We know you're Red Bull Mix, and there's a surprise on your back to commemorate it, just for all you've done for us. For accepting us and becoming one with us and getting us this far," Cloudy smiled tearily, almost blushing, " I had it custom made by a designer in Italy, to say thanks for all that you are, Mixian Moxelle."

I turned in slow motion, like a celebrity does on the red carpet. Everyone gasped as it shone in the mirror— a red bull on two legs, with baby blue gloves on just like mine, standing in a pose as if he's about to fuck someone up with a wolf skinned fur coat on his back and steam coming from his nose. At the bottom of the robe, in silver trim, the word Untamed shone in the light.

It brought me to tears.

The music grew louder in the room, and the people's cheering grew to roaring applause like a roman Amphitheater. Jinx held his arm out, bringing us all to his attention.

"Well, Ms. Blue Bull, shall we go?"

I smirked, breathing out through my nose,

"Outta my way."