Robin, The Pink Panther

The judges, officials and crowd all wore the same flustered, confused and uneasy faces. What do you do when someone leaves a match like that? She obviously wasn't losing.

I looked around, trying to find a camera for a prank. Or maybe this was Triss' elaborate ruse to embarass me... but this was reality.

As the official left the mat to converse with the judges, I walked over to Jinx. His face froze on the door, almost like he was in a trance. I tapped him, and sweat beaded down his temple. I called him, and he didn't move.

"JINX!" I called one last time to no avail, so I punched the fuck out of him, sending him flying into a metal bench until he snapped back into reality.

"What...?" He groggily came back, rubbing his cheek as he looked up at me. I put my hands on my hips, talking behind the mumble of the crowds.

"Who was that?" I started, "why is everyone so shocked? What's going the fuck on?"

Tiredly, he stood up and glanced at the judges, making sure he had enough time to explain. Cloudy and he exchanged glances before nodding. Jinx sighed and put his hand in my curls.

"Her name is Robin," he started, his voice soft as if I was a toddler and he was explaining the meaning behind the stars, "She's a streetfighter."

My jaw dropped. "What? I thought I was the only female streetfighter ?" My eyebrows curled in confusion. Jinx nodded.

"You are," he looked up at the official who waved for me back on the mat with the mic in his hand, "in the US."

Wait, What?

"Due to a leave of the mat before the end of the round, and an undeclared time out, disqualification of the South Circuit team member means—"

"What do you mean? Where is she from?"

"Mixie, we'll talk about it later,"

"Like fuck we will!"

"The winner of the Round 2 tournament is Mixian Mox—"

"I'm going after her,"

"Mixie wait!"

It was too late, I had already thrown off my gear and ran out the building faster than my heartbeat, scanning in any direction of the mid day scene, looking for this girl.

Until I caught her climbing the gate in front of me to cross the street.

"Hold up!" I called after her. She turned quickly, noticing that I was following her and quickening up her pace. It became a chase, as she ducked past alleyways, across cars and through streets. I almost gave up when I tripped over a fruit basket in the Farmer's Market, but as my head was spinning and I groggily got up, her Nutella colored and delicately rough hand stuck out to me.

"Finally, shit," I panted, taking her hand as she helped me up. Her face devoid of emotion, she shook her head at me. "I have so many questions to ask you,"

"You're Mixian Moxelle, famous streetfighter from Ohio, correct? Also known as Red Bull?"

"How did you.."

She grabbed an apple, tossing it at me before she turned on her heel and let her hair flow after her like a golden hazelnut trail, "My name is Robin."

I followed her through the market against my better judgement, trying to understand everything she told me.

"So you're a streetfighter too? I thought I was the only female streetfighter?" I surveyed. She sighed, sitting against a Rainbow's concrete pillar.

"I don't fight unprofessional anymore. I fight for my school and that's it."

"So how come I didn't know about you? You had to have fought at some point"

"I was the most famous before you and Red Bull started making a name for yourself. I'm your predecessor."

My ears rang lightly while I watched her. She smiled contently with her eyes closed.

"So what made you quit?" I questioned again, now leaning against the same pillar.

"The very people you're fighting against now, except I had the brunt of the drama back then. All eyes were on me, just like they're now on you." Playing with her hair, she made eye contact with me, the sun caking her eyes and making them look like shining honey. "When I moved here, they took everything from me and I had no choice but to back down. I wasn't as stubborn as you,"

I tried to analyze her words, but something still didn't make sense. A gust of wind blew past us, sending our hair flying along with it. "Wait, moved here? Who are you really? Enough games,"

She sighed, closing her eyes before getting up and getting eye level with me before opening them again. She crossed her arms, smiling slightly as she parted her lips and spoke.

"My name is Robin Saint, and I'm the Pink Panther—the most famous female streetboxer in Canada."