Battle

Fuck.

Panting, anxious, and pumped with adrenaline, I waited to hear that demonic ding. Shadow stood unfazed in front of me. In the corner of my eye, Jinx had disappeared into the crowd with the Grimm Reaper and some other people.

I was alone in this.

My eyes cropped everything else away,  fixing my sight on the impending fight at hand. His stance was perfect, equally guarded everywhere. His legs immovable, unless he chose them to be so. His face...

Completely covered except for that stupid ass smirk that I wanted to punch the fuck off his face.

Ding.

We circled each other, silent as the crowd spoke for the adrenaline in my veins. He stepped, partially to the right, and shifted his left glove to punch. Before I could cross counter-- I felt air leave my mouth. He had already connected with my stomach.

What the fuck? My mind raced. How was he so fast? How was he quicker than me?!

He pulled his fist back, dropping his guard and hovering over me, his looming darkness refusing to move from over me, and yet all I could do was cough.

"Get up," he spoke over me, watching me gasp for air, "Get up so I can knock you down again."

I grit my teeth, thinking of every outcome possible. I could sweep his leg, and aim for his stomach, but that would most likely cost me bets for cheap fighting. I could reach up, but that would leave my arm and face exposed.

"I SAID GET UP!" Another hit smacked my face. A clean uppercut to my nose not only knocked me back to my feet, but right in Shadow's view for another hit. This time to the chest.

The crowd cooed in wonder as I staggered. Conversations flew through my ears: "That's Red Bull? She's getting her ass kicked!" , "Damn, Shadow's tough.. maybe I should have bet on him."

Blood trickled from my lip and onto the mat. My view clouded, and that same anger boiled my blood. Shadow slowly got back into stance, unmoved by the damage he caused, and ready to deal more.

With a sidestep, I fake swung to the right of him, which made him duck right into my left punch that sat waiting. He left the ground, allowing me to carry him to the ropes and deal a volley of punches to his stomach and face, like a wolverine tearing into the enemy.

He used his knee as leverage and jammed it into my thigh to knock me off guard, but I was prepared. As he moved forward, his foot caught on my calf, and he fell right into an uppercut. I climbed on top of him, ready to give another barrage of punches to his face, until he socked me in mine with his right glove.

It was like every punch was even with mine.

Fuck, no. Every punch was better than mine.

I stood from my corner, bruised, battered, bloody, and slightly staggering. He stood on his side, panting and bruised, but otherwise no worse for wear.

"You got some punch, bitch." He called, spitting somewhere in the corner off the ring. I don't know whether it hit someone or not.

"Fuck off." We ran to each other at the same time, our fists in the air as we charged, and right at the bell, we contacted with each of our faces, flying the other direction with the momentum.

My body buzzed so bad that I didn't hear the round's ending. My vision was almost completely blurred. He hit me in my left eye... I think.

"SORRY CROWD!" The announcer called out, much to the audience's hatred. They boo'd him.  "SHADOW HAS ALREADY REACHED THE TWO ROUND COUNT LIMIT FOR TONIGHT!" I had forgotten that he had fought already. My body felt airy... and like lead... all at the same time.

"RED BULL!" I heard somewhere in the crowd. I couldn't turn to the sound. My body froze in front of Shadow.

"Looks like you got saved, this time." He spoke darkly, his glove smearing the blood off his nose. I wanted to rebuttal. I wanted to let him fucking have it... but I felt myself staggering.

The last thing I saw, was Shadow standing over me again.

"Next time I'll be sure to kill you."

And I was gone.

THUD.

"RED!"