3 pm

For some reason, I felt the extreme uneasiness that sat on my shoulders while I dragged my feet to the rec center, and I didn't know whether to listen to it. I was halfway down the hallway and could hear the hype outside, growing louder with the sun's beaming rays from the window. I felt like I was walking to the arena again, and my knuckles twitched. Quickly, I tossed my bag to the side of the hallway and wrapped my knuckles in tape, placing weights on my fingers. Weights always helped me hit hella hard, or harder, I should say. 

I took a deep breath and thought about my situation. The last time I got into something with Jack's dumbass, I got Amy and Todd hurt and nearly killed. Was this time any different?  Was this something that I should walk away from even though the whole damn school wants me to go through with it? I groaned. 

Thinking is way too fucking hard for me. 

Frustrated, I let loose a hard punch on the locker behind me and walked on before anyone could notice that I nearly folded the shit in half. 

Just keep control of yourself, save the craziness for the underground. I told myself. 

The clear glass doors creaked open into the sunlight, blanketed by cheers and iPhones recording my entrance on Snapchat, Twitter, Facebook, you name it. I stared at the ground, letting my mind buzz into flashbacks of the underground. It felt like that again. 

It always felt like that. 

And then I heard him talk. 

"OH WOWW, look who finally showed up, I was thinking that you weren't gonna pop up bitch." Jack taunted, jumping off one of the rec tables and landing dramatically hard onto the ground. He leaned back slightly, his head tilted to the right side of his body, letting his tongue poke his cheek and support his cheeky ass smirk as he walked toward me. I felt my chest fill with air. Those shouts started to buzz away again... it started to blur. 

In the corner of my eye I saw Khan, who shook his head lightly. He understood what was going on. I was losing my cool, and if I didn't keep it, these lovely folks here might just witness a murder. 

"So what, you don't wanna speak?" Jack spoke again, this time closer to me. A circle had formed around us, with students and even teachers hanging onto every word that he let out, waiting for me to explode. It was a circus and he was the ringleader, trying to put a whip to a very, very impatient lion. 

"No, Jack, I don't want to speak, I just want to kick your ass," I grumbled. I couldn't wait anymore. 

A hard thud echoed across his cheek, I laid a left hook on him that threw him off balance and into the crowd. I didn't move, standing there with my head facing the ground still. To blank out everything else, and focus on not killing Jack, would help me win clearly. 

"Little bitch!" He cried, shoving away the kids who he landed on top of, his right fist charging towards me. I felt the vibrations in the round. 2 steps away, 1...

I swerved around his fist, pulling him closer to me with my left hand and letting my right fist land clearly into his face. red marks from my weight gloves imprinted themselves from his nose to his eyes. He dazed a little bit, flashes of the cameras around him making his eyes dilate. I put my hand on my hip and stood over him while he gained composure. 

He stood groggily, obviously pissed and embarrassed. 

"Yo, get her!" I heard him cry. From the back of the crowd, his lackeys attempted to grab onto my leg and arm at the same time. Using one ginger haired idiot as something to propel off of, I spun backward, kicking one lackey in the face and punching the other in the balls at the same time. They collapsed at my feet. 

"Really, Jack. Can't even lose fairly?" My right arm connected with the loser behind me who attempted to sneak attack me, and he held firmly onto his nose. I probably broke it. 

As I turned around to face him again, Jack grazed my cheek but missed my face just enough that I could elbow him in the throat. The wind left his lungs and he passed out unconscious on top of his dumbass squad. Breathing heavily, I stood there as the group around me got their reactions in. 

"Woo!"

"Oh. My.God!"

"You owe me $5!" 

" Did you see that shit?!" 

"Mixie!" 

Khan pulled me out of the crowd, dusting me off as they dispersed to leave. The bell rung for dismissal, and my hearing cleared back to normal. 

"Mix, Mix!" He called, startling me into attention, "You're bleeding," I felt the ribbon of blood stream down my cheek. Rage turned slowly into shock.

"Did he hit me?" I asked, more confused than anything. It's such a blur when I try to think about if he actually landed that hit on me. My neck jerked quickly into that direction again, and he was still knocked out. In his fist, hidden tightly in between his knuckles, bloodied by my cheek, was a box cutter razor. 

My body numbed at the sight of it. 

All I remember was running back to his unconscious body with my fist ready.