Spy

We left the building on a somber note, each of us obviously hit by the sadness that brought itself outside with us. My mind swirled as the image of their coffins burned into my mind. 

I don't ever want to see that again. Not to my friends or family. 

Hazy flashbacks flooded my mind of my mom and dad's funeral. Of their beautifully carved caskets in gray and black, side by side in an angel and devil tombstone that hugged each other. Thousands of dollars put into something that would just become a faded memory. I almost cried on the spot. 

Suddenly, Jinx stopped me and directed my attention to a girl to the left of the building who made direct eye contact with me. When she saw that I saw her, her eyes widened, and she tried to make it look like she wasn't looking at me. 

"I think she's looking at you," Jinx whispered, instructing me to keep looking forward like I wasn't paying attention to her. "Try to see her in the corner of your eye." 

I scanned her for as much as I could memorize. As we got in the car, I watched the mirror. She pulled out her phone and spoke into it, ducking behind the building. Pulling off, an all black SUV zipped out behind the building and followed us religiously. 

"Auntie, floor it!" I called out, looking behind me. 

The SUV chased Auntie's car for ten minutes straight before we pulled up in a mall parking lot. I turned around an faced Luca and Zoey. 

"Get the fuck down and do not come back up until I come back okay?" They nodded, unbuckling and leaning their seats back into the car. They curled up together and waited. Jinx and I nodded, looking out opposite sides of the car, waiting for them to leave the car. 

They approached with guns, 42 caliber pistols in each of their hands. The girl came on my side, and I could feel her breathing heavily on the side of the car. Jinx gave me one look, and we opened the doors simultaneously, smacking both of them in the face. 

Jinx wrestled with his guy, as he attempted to shoot Jinx before Jinx could lay a hand on him, but Jinx took the opportunity to trip the man and push his chest to the floor. The guys gun slid across the street. I heard Jinx punch him too many times to count, but I was too focused on this chick in front of me. 

She shot her gun wildly, attempting to hit my toe or my chest while I twisted her wrist. I had almost forgotten about my rib, and I spun around her side, she refused to let go of the gun, twisting her own arm until it popped. I kneed her stomach, using her arm to flip her over and kick the gun out of her hand once she hit the ground. The air left her lungs and she dropped the gun as she held her side. My rib stung, but I ignored the pain and focused on how the fuck angry I was.

Who the fuck is this bitch?

"Who do you work for?!" I screamed, pulling her by her collar till she looked me in the eye. She shook her head and curled her lip before she spit in my fucking face. 

Now, this bitch was going to die. 

I punched her cheek, using her collar like an old-fashioned game of paddle ball, bringing her back for another punch until her tooth came out and she hit the ground. My nerves rose again, and I could feel myself getting angry enough to blackout. Heat coursed through my body all the way to my knuckles. I lifted my foot to step on the bitch before Jinx pulled me back.

"Red, chill!" He cried, wrapping his arms around me and lifting me off the ground, knocking me out of my trance. I blinked.

"Fuck... my fault." I calmed down, rubbing my headache away while Jinx picked them both up and threw them back inside their SUV. 

"Let's get out of... wait," Jinx's eyebrows arched with concern and then anger before he pulled the half-unconscious girl's hair to the side, revealing a tattoo that answered my question. He heard my footsteps  and turned to me with his hand still wrapped around her hair, exposing her neck to me. 

"It's a fucking dragon."