Box Me

Amy held her hand out, smirking as she pushed the door to the Boxing Club open slowly.

The beautiful sound of grunts and yells echoed the room.There was no speaking, the sound had been replaced by the smack of a foot or a hand upon a boxing bag, or against skin. A smile crept on my lips as I searched around the room.

"My kind of party." I spoke out loud, smiling. Khan's face fixed into an awkward and out of place grin. The smell of sweat filled the room. My fists clenched tightly, urging to punch whatever was closer to me. The adrenaline in my blood raged so heavily, so cleanly, but I kept my composure. Then, a black man pulled off his boxing gloves, speaking to me while he wiped the sweat off his forehead.

"You must be that Mixie girl." He looked me up and down, examining my pose and raising his eyebrow to me. "You like fighting?"

"Maybe." I cracked my knuckles. He smirked at me, looking over to Amy and Khan, who backed into a corner to give me the floor. The man walked behind a stocky jock looking boy who was scrapping with the boxing bag and reached for some tape and gloves. He turned quickly, tossing the items at me. I caught them with my left hand.

"Show us what you can do." He suggested. I bit my lip. Part of me wanted to walk away and go about my business, but the rest of me wanted to beat the shit out of any competition. That one jock. Stringy blonde hair, typical glistening abs that dripped with his sweat, muscles that pulsed when he leaned in to pound the bag in front of him. I couldn't stop staring at him. He thought he was so tough.

"Him." I pointed right at him, and he turned to me, flipping his hair away and tightening his custom designed gloves. The black man gave a look that meant are you sure?, before noticing that I was more serious than a STD.

"Surely you don't mean Packing Jack-King do you?" He asked, turning towards the boy who now drunk water in front of my face.

"Look, kid, I understand you want to make a statement on your first day," The jock interrupted. "But I'm the best boxer here, and I've been the best since freshman year."

"Stop boasting." Amy called from her corner. "You're only the best because the best left." He made a scrunched up face, throwing his water bottle to the side. He jumped forward, held back by two other people in the club as well.

"Bitch box me!" He cried, reaching out to punch Amy. A smack echoed through the boxing club's room. Jock boy fell against the mirror, a surprised and angry look spread across his face. Everyone's eyes were turned to me, as I tightened the grip on my gloves.

"Box me." I repeated, ripping my hoodie off, exposing my signature black sports bra.Jock boy stumbled to his feet, angry beyond measure.

"Red Bull unleashed?" I heard Khan mumble from the corner, laughing at his own inside joke. I turned toward him, met his gaze, and nodded.

Keep it clean. I remembered. I grinned evilly, getting into my stance.

Fuck it.