A New Dawn, Shitty Day

"WHAT?!" I couldn't feel my lungs. My skin burned and I felt a lump in my throat. "Somebody fucking jumped me? WHO?!" Monty waved his hands side to side, assuring me that it wasn't that bad. I almost slapped the jelly roll out of him. 

"Triss's crew." Monty sighed. 

"Those TWIG BITCHES?" 

"No." Monty pulled me down to his side, issuing me to calm down." Triss's stalker boy." 

Stalker boy... what? I had to sit down with that one, even though I felt like my ass had literally been kicked. 

"There's this boy that is deeply in love with Triss," Monty started, stopping after a snicker left my lips. "She constantly rejects him, but he still tries. He's come to Smother's every now and then."

"So, what does that have to do with me?" I asked, sorta kinda uncaring. 

Monty scraped his chin, something he does when he's trying to reason with me. "Mix," He started, " You only been in Jersey two days and you managed to piss off the two biggest influences in the area." I shrugged. "There's going to be a ripple effect, and it's coming straight for you." 

"I can handle it." I replied, cracking my knuckles. 

"No, Mix." Monty tried to reason with me again. "You can't handle every fucking enemy you make, and you damn well have made plenty." He pulled me closer to him, pointing to my scars. "This is what happens when you let Red Bull go for blood, Mix, and it needs to stop." 

My wounds and bruises all of a sudden stung ten times harder. Monty truly had my best interest at heart, and all I was doing was focusing on my anger that I had built up. I felt a lump in my throat. 

"I'm sorry, Mont. It's just-" 

"I know it's hard Mix." He interrupted me, taking my hand in his and staring straight into my eyes like an innocent child. "But you have to try. I don't want what happened in Ohi to happen again because Red Bull drew too much blood." He was almost in tears over this, and it broke my heart. He touched the bruise on my stomach ever so gently, and I caved in. 

"Promise me you'll try, Mix." 

There was a heavy pause, almost sealing the deal between the promise. After all, promises meant everything to us. Monty never broke his stare with me, like he was in the ring, facing me. Opponents  never broke their stares. 

"I promise." He exhaled in relief, letting my hand drop while he wiped his forehead. It seemed as if reasoning with me was like defusing a bomb. 

"Good. Now let's get you cleaned up and get you out of here." 

"Wait." I stopped him, grabbing his wrist with slight force. "Where's Todd and Amy?" Monty paused, biting his lip and breaking his eye contact. The darkness of the room was slit with a soft white light that shone partially on Monty's face. You could feel the heat of the room creeping up on you from the floor to your neck. "Monty..." 

"They're in the hospital."