Rematch

Early in the morning, I woke up to Zoey chasing Luca around the living room, screaming that he had eaten her pizza leftover. I groaned a little bit, but I couldn't help but replace it with a small smile at them. My bed felt like cotton and lace wrapped my body, I wasn't even tired. I checked my phone--8:00 a.m.-- and wrapped the towel around my waist to go to the bathroom. Something about today felt... warm. Like I was this untouchable champion that had slaughtered my enemies of the Roman Empire...

"MIXIE!!" Zoey called out, "FUCKING GET LUCA!"

"I DIDN'T DO SHIT!" Luca yelled in response.

I let the water drown out their common screams. I let it trickle down my back and bounce off of my skin. I let the steam sit on my eyelashes and curl around my face. Yeah, I was late to school, but I would take my time and enjoy this day.

...

"Hey, Mix."

"Wassup Mixian."

"Hey girl!"

"How are you, Mix?"

People were certainly friendly today, tapping my shoulder to address me and catch up. Even Oswald waved at me in the hallways as I was going to Kickboxing.

"Miss Moxelle, I appreciate your participation in school activities," He started, walking alongside me in the brown and orange locker sets. I wasn't wearing the uniform, but I was wearing the colors... that counts for something right?

He continued, this time more giddy than when he began, "The Kickboxing kids informed me that you joined them and are helping to push them towards success this year. I believe that will be a great outlet for you."

"It's a give and take process," I replied, "I'm not doing it for funsies. I'm heading there now."

Before he could keep his mouth going, I dipped down the corridor and ran as quick as I could to the room in the basement.

I panted lightly as I opened the door, welcomed by balloons, confetti, and twenty very eager boys cheering happily.

"Mixian Moxelle!" They cheered as they tossed the confetti at me.

The black boy smiled at me as he pushed his way through the crowd, "Congrats, Mix."

"It was nothing," I answered plainly.

"hell of a nothing, that fox kid dropped out of the tournament even though he was supposed to fight three more people. You're amazing!" I almost smirked at him. He put his hand up and I shook it, letting the cheers from the other boys echo around the room. "By the way," He started, "I'm Chad, but you can call me Cloudy."

"Cloudy?" I repeated, "Why?"

"Cause after I punch somebody their memory's 'cloudy'" He responded with a smile etched across his face. I smirked again.

"Sounds like a challenge..." I mumbled.

His entire demeanor changed. "E-er..." Before he could rustle up some bitchy excuse, the door to the club burst open, slamming into the wall and bringing the cheering and fun to an abrupt halt.

"Where's the Moxelle bitch!?" Someone called out, prying for answers in the most unprofessional way fucking possible. I got annoyed.

"Right fucking here," I answered, quickly and clearly pissed off, "Who the fuck is asking?"

Before I even needed an answer, Jack's ugly ass face took the spotlight. His nose had healed, and he wore wraps around his knuckles.

"You hit my sister bitch! I want a fucking rematch, and this time I will make you pay for what you did to both of us!"

It was so funny I forgot to laugh. The boys in the club all turned their eyes to me, watching it all unfold like Love and Hip Hop reunion episodes. I put my hand to my hips and pretended to ponder his offer. I loved watching the steam rise from his ears and nose.

"Hmm... I don't know... not sure if I want to break your nose again or just put you on your ass." The boys behind me chuckled.

"Fucking meet me at the recreation lounge at 3 pm bitch." Jack threatened, balling his fist so hard his skin grew reddish.

I raised an eyebrow at his threat. It peaked my curiosity. "Or what?"

"Oh you'll see, just show the fuck up or else."

And with that, he was gone. The door slammed the room into silence before I was surrounded by questions like the paparazzi.

"Mix, are you really going to fight Jack again?"

"He doesn't deserve your hands, Mix."

"Are you going to kick his ass? Please say yes cause I hate that douche."

"Relax," I commanded, hushing the crowd. Cloudy itched for an answer just a much as the rest of them. They really did surround things like a pack of wolves.

"Get to the Rec at 3 and you'll see," I said plainly, slamming my hand into my fist, "I'll show Jack what happens when he pisses me off."