Dreams

Mix...?

I woke into a white space... at least I think I woke up. Was I dreaming?

I tried to look around, but my body moved at 2 miles an hour, not helping my already blurry, shitty vision.  

What the hell... I tried to speak, but my mouth wouldn't open. I heard voices to the side of me, and I was trying to turn my head to it. I was frozen in place-- in time -- it felt like. 

Mixie... The voice said. I tried to process it. Soothing, like a songbird, and caring, like a mother deer cared for her fawn. It was my mom's voice. Only she sounds so soothing. 

Mom..? I spoke, except I didn't speak it. The conversation seemed to be going on in my head. I had to be dreaming. It was too velvety, way too flowing. I felt like I was in heaven with my mom. 

You lost. She told me. 

I tried, Mom. 

We know, You didn't disappoint us. You never have. 

Bullshit. It's my fault you and Dad aren't here, This isn't even real. I'm not even really talking to you, am I?

Mom's voice paused for a moment before I felt a warmth on my left side that I still couldn't turn to. What kind of fourth wall breaking, out of reality shit was I dealing with? How long have I been unconscious? Am I dying for real? I tried to wiggle something on my body- leg, arm, eyelid... nothing.

You can't put yourself at fault for your passion, Mixian. All of our family knows that what you do is dangerous, your father and I are still proud of you every day, we watch over you, Luca, Zoey, and the family back home. 

Mom... I missed her so much. In this shithole of a world, I missed her consistent sweetness. I didn't even care if this was a dream anymore, I didn't want to wake up. 

In that faded white space, A blurred figure flowed into frame, like a slow-motion picture in faded colors. The woman's skin glowed beautifully like a golden apple, polished, clean and flawless. Her hair cornered her face and caressed her features, But I couldn't see her facial features. I knew it was my mom, but why couldn't I see anything else? 

They still need you, Mixian. You can't leave them now...

Who? Why? 

Shadow, Triss, Jack, and their families have terrible things planned. If they win the underground tournament, who knows what could happen to New Jersey and the rest of the nation... You need to wake up.

But, Mom... I can't do this alone!

You're not. Now... I felt a cooling sting, like being swept with winter breeze along the cheeks. 

And then my mom's figure faded away.

Wake up. Wake...

"...Up!" 

The voice had changed this time, sounding less soothing and more, urgent. I went from feeling nothing, not being able to move at all, to feeling prickles and tingles through my nerves. What felt like frozen hands all over my body attempted to get me to react. The white space transitioned to gray, then black, before faded colors of dark green, brown, and yellow came into view like a broken sunset. 

"Mixie!" Someone called, those frozen hands now moved to my face. 

"Huh..." My lips parted to say. My eyes were almost fully opened now, and more voices reacted to what I could barely say. I could partially see Jinx now, his face arched into a worried and panicked expression. How long have I been asleep? 

"Oh thank fucking god," He panted, closing his eyes in relief before turning and speaking to someone out of my view. "She's waking up!" 

"What's... going.." I managed to say. Jinx shushed me, shaking his head before he placed his hands behind my head and carefully lifted my dead weight body. 

"I'll explain when you're fully conscious," He spoke, letting me rub my eyes and attempt to catch up with reality. 

As I caught up with myself, and my body started to feel slightly like normal again, except bruised and in pain beyond a pain I've felt before, I realized I was literally surrounded by people who were all anxiously waiting for me to wake up. 

I tried to scan everyone. Jinx, who was right next to me. 

Amy and Todd, who stood in the left corner, with Amy's hand pressed tightly against her chest. She looked on the verge of tears. In the middle, Luca, Zoey, and Auntie leaned toward me. Auntie held Luca and Zoey to her body faced away from me. I could hear Luca sniffling. To the rightmost, the Grimm Reaper sat in the corner, his hand on his head as he's coddled by some girl I don't know, and Chad, squatting behind them with his hand on the Grimm Reaper's shoulder. 

And in the middle?

Little ol' me. Dazed and confused as fuck.