Cracked

I moved groggily, leaning on anyone who was willing to hold me up and explain some shit to me.

"Okay, so what the hell is going on...?" I questioned. I tried to look around, this didn't seem to be a place that I've been around before. It was like an warehouse that was remodeled to look like a squatter's living space.

"Max almost killed you in the ring, and you blacked out," Jinx explained, his hand on my waist. There was a jacket around me that I was pretty sure was his, but it was warm and inviting.

"Jinx carried you and that kid here, then called us on your phone," Amy cut in, walking up to me cautiously like every footstep she took was on a thin sheet of ice before she touched my face.

And slapped the fuck out of me.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS YOUR PROBLEM?!" She yelled in my ear, sending the ringing from my cheek to my ears.

"The fuck are you talking about?!"

"You lied to us! Deliberately!"

Oh yeah... shit.

I looked to Monty, who held his head down and refused to look up at me. He turned away, walking to the Grimm Reaper and Chad. He was so done with me at this point that he didn't even want to try anymore. I don't even know if it hurt to watch it happen.

"HELL FUCKING O?!" Amy continued, her voice cracking over how loud she'd gotten. Her hair bounced around her body while she limped closer to me until she was right at my face.

"I'm sorry, Ames. I did lie," My gaze shifted from her to Auntie, then Luca and Zoey. They watched me with such pained faces, and tears in their speckled gray eyes. Auntie pulled them closer to her, but she kept looking at me. "I lied because I lost sight of what I promised, and to who. I got so caught up in the tournament that I was willing to hurt you guys." Amy's eyes welled up again, and her head fell to look at the ground before she turned on her heel away from me.

"You're sick!" She cried, "You're selfish, Annoying, Arrogant and care only about your damn self! Look at how many people are here because we thought you died bitch!" I bit my lip, clenching onto the jacket as hard as I could. I felt like the ugliest duckling in a pond of crying swans.

Amy didn't continue, instead joining Todd on the other side of the warehouse. Jinx remained silent, pulling me towards Chad and the others, but I couldn't break my stare from Amy. It stung more than anything to see her cry.

"Mixie," Chad addressed me, getting up and putting me in a tight hug that almost made me lightheaded again, "I'm glad you're not dead."

"I don't even know if I should say me too," I replied brokenly. "I think I just broke a bond that I can't repair."

"Amy's upset yeah, but she knew what she was getting into with you. We all do," Jinx chimed in.

"Yeah, you're hardheaded, and you think with your gloves. I'm pretty sure we're all used to it at this point, but you're alive and that's what matters." Chad gave a warming smile as he touched my side. As soon as he did, pain ricocheted through my body and I collapsed in a fetal position, soon to feel Luca and Zoey at my side with their arms to help me stabilize.

"What the fuck was that? That hurt like shit,"

"Max cracked your ribs,"

"What?!"

"It's...true..." Grimm Reaper agreed. His hand left his head while he groggily made eye contact with me. The girl I'm assuming to be his sister kept him upright. When he couldn't speak anymore, she chimed in.

"He cracked a few bones in my brother too and gave him a concussion. his bitch ass doesn't fight clean," She explained

"Who are you?" I managed to make out. She glanced at me, more annoyed at the situation than anything.

"My name is Shari, this is my adopted brother. He left tonight the same way that you did, by lying to me and my grandmother." She explained, rubbing his head with ice.

"Oh."

Chad stood me up before he brushed me off. "Mixie", he started, glancing at Jinx and nodding before he turned back to me,

"We need to talk."