Greetings

I blinked hazily to the morning sun and the guard who was supposedly watching us that night opening the cell with a deafening creak.

"You're free to go," He started, "get out."

"Well, good morning to you too officer,"Jinx groggily replied as he walked cautiously with his hand in mine. He held it as if he had a delicate package that he had to deliver. I let him lead. As we got to the department entrance we were met by Monty, Amy, Todd, Zoey and Luca.

"Are you okay?" Monty asked immediately, checking my arms for any sign of scratches.

"She's fine," Jinx interrupted, looking over to Monty with his eyebrow raised slightly in questioning. Monty's voice dropped as he realized who he was making eye contact with.

"Jinx,"

"Hey."

Zoey's eyes lit up excitedly. She ran to Jinx's leg and wrapped her body around him, her eyelashes blinking with energy unknown.

"Jinx!" She cried out happily, much to Luca's disgust. Jinx gave a sly smile at his little admirer, placing his right hand steadily on her back, which covered most of it without effort. I couldn't help but chuckle, she'd had a crush on the damn boy since she was 3 years old.

"Hey Rose," He spoke to her, remembering her code name with ease. Her little body quaked with excitement and he looked over to me so amused with himself.

Um," Amy cut in, "Who... is this?" We turned our attention to her, forgetting that she hadn't met Jinx yet. I bit my lip, and he gripped tighter on my hand before he walked up to her. He almost towered over her, and got close enough that Todd was speechless. You could see Amy's body droop under him, as he slowly crept his hand into hers and shook it like it was a wilting rose that simply needed a drop of love to revitalize.

"I'm Jinx," He winked, melting away Amy's guard in an instant.

"What the fuck?" Todd jumped in, breaking the trance Amy got caught in and causing Jinx to turn his attention to the three boys in the scene with him. Monty, Todd, and Luca analyzed his body language, how he carried himself with a confident sway like a Lion crawling from the savanna to destroy whoever defiled his pride. He had this spell that seemed to only work on females. I fucking hated it....

"I apologize, I had to introduce myself, and you are?" He asked, turning back to Amy, waiting for her response patiently. Amy gulped.

"Amy,"

"Nice to meet you," He replied with that same sly smirk.

"Mixie," Todd jumped in, staring at me intently before jutting his eyes back to Jinx, "What happened? Why were you in Jail, how did he get here? Why is he here?"

"Cool out, Todd," I urged, calling Jinx back to my side. He stood behind my left side, his right hand steady on my right waist as I spoke, "I just ran into Jinx, he's a good friend of mine from Ohi,"

Amy chuckled, caressing her hand where Jinx had left his mark, "Good friend my ass."

"Anyway," I cut, "I was in there cause I had to show Jack's ass who he keeps trying to mess with," I pointed to the scar on my cheek, making Jinx take a double take and Todd roll his eyes, turning around in irritation.

"You didn't tell me he did that, I'll fucking kill him..." Jinx's finger traced the scar, slightly twitching with rage.

"Oh god, Mixie... what did you start?" Todd put his fingers between his nose and eyes, sighing to himself. Even Monty shook his head. I felt like they had no faith in me anymore, like they were just waiting for the next bullshit tidal wave to come crashing down on them again. I almost felt physically sick looking at their dreadful expressions as they waited for me.

"Look," I started, scanning each of them individually, "Triss and Jack want me dead, I know this already, but I'm not putting y'all in my shit, okay? I'm going to school to go talk to Cloudy about Round 2 of the tournament and see if I can figure some shit out about how to handle this."

"And what about Max?" Monty stuttered to release Max's name out of his lips. He bit them slightly.

"Max doesn't know where I am right now, and his men are bitches who can't take me down without drugging me. I'm not worried about him."

"Max drugged you?" Jinx chimed in, tracing my arm for reassurance.

"I'm fine,"

"Be careful, Mix. We have to go to Smother's, but we'll meet up with you after school in the club."

"Bet, come on Jinx."

We parted ways, with the hopes that we could simply reconnect as a group without problems.

But now that Jinx is here, things got three times as complicated, as I was about to find out first hand.