Chased

"Coma?" I bit my thumb, staring at the picture of Jack. The oxygen mask made him look sickly, and the bruises on his body matched that of a dalmatians. A lump made my throat throb, and as Jinx turned his shocked eyes towards me, I felt that lump grow all the way to my stomach.

"Yeah, you bet him up so bad that the trauma overloaded his mind. Did you step on his temple?" Cloud questioned, analyzing the picture with squinted eyes.

"I don't--"

"Where is she?!" We were interrupted quickly. The club's door was kicked open with force that would match mine on a bad day, and all the boys outside the office door stopped their tasks. Cloudy's mouth fell open, and I watched the sweat crystallize from his forehead. The apprehension crawled from the air and sat with us, adrenaline pumping in our bodies with every click of those familiar prissy pink heels.

"Triss," I mumbled, "We have to go, Jinx."

"You're not going anywhere, bitch!" She screamed from outside the office door, banging on the window in her attempt to get in. she yanked on the handle, to no avail, thanks to Cloudy's thinking two steps ahead.

"Go, I'll tell you about round 2 in the underground later..." The bangs deafened Cloudy's words, like the bang of a drum in a suspenseful movie. " I'll hold the door shut from this side, crawl through the side door and get out through the exit on the right, past the C lot... Go! " Cloudy threw his body at the door, turning towards us with angry and urgent eyes. I almost didn't want to go, but when Triss screamed again and four guys ran into the room after-- let's just say this crawl space is tight and sweaty.

"Mixie," Jinx grunted, trying not to catch a cramp as he crawled forward, "Where should we go?"

"Smother's," I answered quickly, glancing back on occasion to see if we were followed. I heard faint grunts in the distance, and I prayed that it wasn't the guys getting beat up.

Adrenaline in our body, we hopped over cars and ducked behind bushes after crawling fences and huffed and puffed all the way to the familiar restaurant. Customers gasped as we launched through the doors together, falling to our knees and attempting to catch what air we could.

"Mixie?" I could hear Amy's voice inch closer, and I was welcomed to her confused and concerned face when I pulled myself together. "What's going on?"

"I put Jack in a coma," I panted, gripping Amy's shoulders. In the corner of the place, Monty Walked out of the office door, noticing me and shaking his head in pre-disappointment.

"You did what?!"

"Now Triss is after me, she sent guys... I blacked out..."

Amy sighed, glancing out the window to check for anybody who looked like they were chasing us, "Okay, get in the office and stay there until closing. We don't know what Triss wants to do to you." I nodded, yanking Jinx immediately to the office, bypassing Monty and flopping onto the hand chair.

"Mix?" Monty questioned already waddling into the office after us.

"Jack—Coma. I blacked, Mont."

"Fuck!" Monty slammed his hand on the desk and bit his lip anxiously. Jinx caught his breath and blew his hair to the side. "Mixie, Triss is going to kill you. Or even worse, Max will. " Monty put his arms around his chest and thought to himself while I tried to explain what I remembered.

Why did shit like this always have to happen to me? I just wanted to move to Jersey and live in goddamn peace.

"Mixie," Monty started. "Did your phone flash?" I turned to the side, as indeed my phone was blinking crazily. I answered as quick as possible to Cloudy's broken tone.

"Mix... guards... beat... Wolves.. Triss... searching... underground.... tonight... don't... go..." And the call failed. Jinx bit his lip, shaking his head at me to listen to Cloudy's warning.

"If I don't go to round 2..." I panted, "it makes Red Bull look like a pussy," I argued.

"Who cares about Red Bull looking like anything but dead! Mixie, I'm sorry, but you're just plain stupid if you step into that ring tonight," Monty admitted. He raised his hands to the ceiling and looked as if he had been shot in three different directions at the same time. Even Jinx didn't speak, and that boy doesn't shut up often. I sighed.

"Okay," I gave in. Monty gave a sigh of relief. "I won't go."

"Thank you." I felt that same lump in my throat. My knuckles ached and twitched whenever I stretched my fingers out. The thought of not stepping into the ring tonight for Round 2... it stung more than it should have.

I didn't want to not show up, no matter who was chasing me.