Where is Mixie?

JINX POV SHIFT

My body still shook from Robin's gaze at me. Did she really remember me after all these years? She was still just as perfect.

Cloudy slapped my shoulder, jerking me into awareness of the stampede of cheering students running towards us.

"Run dude!"

We bolted with the trophy in our hands, our gangs in small formation behind us to act like a barricade between those damn kids. Finally, we ducked into an alleyway and lost them at a middle school baseball dugout. Cloudy's Wolves laid along the benches, while my Eagles gave up and flopped on the sand.

"Shit," Cloudy panted, putting his hands on his back and stretching. I spit onto the grass.

"We lost them," I acknowledged.

"Nah," Cloudy cut in, finally catching his breath, "That's not why I said shit,"

"Then why?"

"Do you think Mixie caught Robin?"

My eyes widened. With Red's attitude I don't know what the hell is going on. They could be fighting, talking, or kissing for all I knew. She's so predictable in her unpredictability.

I shook my head and shrugged before searching for comfort in my hair. My mind was going crazy. What are you supposed to think when your ex and your closest friend meet for the first time in 7 years without knowing each other before? I sighed, "I don't fucking know bruh. Is she answering you?"

Cloudy shook his head before turning to the guys, "She answering y'all?" They shook their heads in unison, all showing their blank and sad phones one by one.

Fuck Mixie, why do you always have to do shit on your own? Why do you have to be the leader all the damn time?

I called Amy, who was on the other side of the neighborhood after she ran home from the kids, "hello?"

"Have you seen Mixie?"

"You lost her you dickheads?!"

"We didn't lose her..." I mumbled, biting my lip.

"We just can't find her!" Cloudy cut in. I heard Amy sigh and mumble spanish curse words. I can't speak spanish for shit so I won't even try to explain what I heard.

"Call Monty, see if she ran to Smother's. I'll check the city. Fucking idiots," she hung up and the lump in my throat went away slowly.

"Well?!" Cloudy called to his crew. They jolted up in an instant, "you heard her! Go search Smother's!" They took off together, some of them calling Ubers and some of them straight up running.

"Eagles," I commanded. My men nodded at me, ready to go wherever I sent them. "Go double check the tournament building and make sure she didn't backtrack." As they left, my fingers shakily dialed Monty's number. A slight twinge in my heart went out to Mont for leaving him out of shit for so long.

"Yo bro," Monty grunted. In the background, trap music boomed like he was in the car. He sounded high as fuck.

"Bro, you seen Mixie?"

"What happened?"

"We can't find her. She was fighting Robin and—"

"Pink Panther?"

"Yeah bro,"

"Fuck was she doing fighting her?"

"It's a long story yo, my fault for keeping you dark and shit but have you seen her? I'm worried as fuck,"

My heart felt like it was twisting out of my chest. It wasn't like her to not answer anyone, let alone me.

"Nah Jinx, sorry, I'm on my way home though I'll try to sweep the area... but like the road is moving bruh,"

"Nigga shut up and hang up the damn phone," I feel like he could hear me rolling my eyes in my head I was doing it so hard. He made a wheezing whine and hung up.

I sighed. Cloudy put a firm hand on my shoulder.

"Bro can I ask you something?" He started.

"Can this wait?"

"Not really, we might as well talk about it,"

"What?"

"..." Cloudy's face looked like he was holding back tears. He bit his lip and swallowed hard.
"Do you love her?"

Fuck? Of all the questions, why that one?

"Of course I love her bro, she's like my person. My closest friend,"

"So," Cloudy's eyebrow's arched in question, "you don't love her no other way?"

I tried to ignore him, turning away and trying one last time to text Mixie on top of twelve other messages.

Yo.
Wya?
Mix?
Are you okay?
Text me where you are so we can meet.
Yo, Red. I'm worried.
It's been a half hour.
You ain't even get your trophy.
You mad at me?
Mixie answer your fucking phone!
All of us have tried reaching you, why are you acting like this?
Mixie please, I'm sorry about Robin.

I bit my lip, fully convinced that Mixie disowned me and was done, until just as I agreed to walk with Cloudy, she texted back.

Leave me alone.