Chapter 14 - Business

Start from the beginning

  “I wish you the best of luck,” Randy said, as he handed over the keys to the office.

  “Thank you.”

  “Mr. Businessman now,” Mike laughed, as they drove to the next destination.

  “Got to start somewhere,” Sin said, smiling as he looked over his newly acquired property.

  “Albert will be proud,” Mike said. 

  “This place is going to be good for the family. It is close to our construction businesses and Willow’s. It brings us all closer.”

  Mike pulled up across the road from the address Sin had obtained from Rag’s and they waited for any sign of Philip. They observed  two of Chuck’s security guards smoking and talking, as they patrolled the car park. People entered and exited the building for hours on end, some of them looked like office workers, others like typical drug dealers; covered in gold with baggy clothes. 

  Hours went by and the two eventually decided that they would need some food for their stakeout. They quickly purchased some takeaways and returned to a different spot to get a better view. Half way through the meals Philip appeared alone; his enormous figure made the security guards look small in comparison. He looked around and used his remote to unlock his flashy car.

  “Right in the middle of my meal,” Mike said, groaning.

  Philip did not even bother to hide to hide the fact he was carrying a gun as he took it out the back of his pants and threw it on the passenger seat.

  “Follow him,” Sin said.

  The two cautiously followed Philip from a safe distance. He made multiple stops each time he seemed to be collecting money from people, one time however he seemed to be paying it; two police cars were parked in a no parking zone and Philip handed each squad car passenger fat envelopes.

  “Fucking cops, they are the biggest crooks in the city,” Mike said, as he took the opportunity to munch on some fries. 

  “They are the lowest of us all, can’t believe they are such valued members of the public,” Sin said.

  Philip made one more stop at a small bakery and after disappearing inside for several minutes, he returned with a bag of food, and another envelope wedged between his pants.

  The two soldiers followed him back to the office, and waited until he was back behind closed doors before leaving.

  “We’ll come back at the same time next week and see if he does it again.” Sin said.

  “Where are we going pop?”  Salvatore asked.

  Carlos was driving his small four door car that looked like a typical suburban family car, and that is exactly how he liked it. “Macbies Plumbing.”

  “What for?” Alonzo Junior asked, sitting in the back.

  “Soon as Harold fucking died, this prick Macbie’s came in and undercut Harold’s bid at the Luxurious,” Carlos said.

Luxurious was the Giuseppe family’s new major income; the cities largest construction project happening in the business precinct, it was three towers on one entire block. There would be restaurants and shops underneath the towers housing nearly one thousand people.

  Carlos pulled up into a car park opposite a building that read Macbie’s Plumbing. It was a small business located between two other shops in the heart of the industrial area a few kilometers from Giuseppe Trucking. 

   “There you go,” Carlos said.

  Salvatore looked at his father questioningly, “What am I doing to this guy?”

  “Show Alonzo Junior some new tricks,” Carlos said, lighting a cigar.

  “And if the guy don’t want to learn?” Salvatore asked.

  Carlos leaned over Salvatore and opened the dash revealing a clean handgun. “Then he has to be put down.”

  Carlos handed the gun to Alonzo Junior, who tucked it away between his tracksuit pants and jacket. Carlos looked around cautiously no one else seemed to be lurking around and he gave the nod of approval to the two young Giuseppe relatives. 

  The captain looked at himself in the side mirror, his hair had completely turned gray and he looked a lot older than his little cousins; even though he was only fifty-eight years old. He blew out cigar smoke, as he watched Salvatore and Alonzo Junior enter the plumbing storefront.

  “Do you guys think I’m scared of a couple of wiseguys?” Macbie laughed, as he pulled out a baseball bat from behind his desk.

  “Whoa, no need for that now,” Salvatore said.

  “Fuck you. You two come parading in here giving fucking orders and expect me to lay down?” Macbie took a step closer.

  “All we are trying to do is, uh, advise you that maybe…you should find another contract, because this one, is spoken for,” Salvatore said, warningly.

  “I know it is taken for by me you fucking hood rats,” Macbie’s knuckles went white as they clenched the bat as hard as he could.

  Alonzo Junior pulled out his new gun and aimed it at the plumbing contractor. Salvatore used the distraction and disarmed Macbie of the baseball bat and cracked the tradesman in the knee with it. Alonzo Junior shot off a round deliberately missing the man just to scare him.

  “Fuck, fuck!” Macbie cried out.

  “Shoot him in the other knee,” Salvatore said.

  Alonzo aimed his weapon, only to have Macbie put a hand up in surrender. “Don’t! I’ll do it!”

  “Appreciate that. There is plenty of other contracts around the city,” Salvatore said, as he wiped his prints from the bat, “Oh and that bullet in your wall, make sure it comes out. I’d hate for it to get reported and then someone has to disappear.”           

  Macbie assured them once more there would be no interference from his company, and the plumbing contract would be going to the Giuseppe’s.

  “See you don’t always have to kill them,” Salvatore said, as they left Macbies Plumbing.

  “What did you fucking kill the guy?” Carlos asked, as soon as they got in the car.

  “No, but we had to scare him a little,” Alonzo Junior said.

  “This kid here is ruthless pop,” Salvatore said.

  “That’s my boy!” Carlos laughed, roughing up Alonzo Juniors hair. 

A/N: Sin's Carwash?  What about it?  What did you think of Salvatore and Alonzo Junior taking care of  business.