thirty ninth skate: Training for the Final

Your POV

After a week of bed rest, I was finally allowed to skate again. I also pass my exams with flying colors which was great cause now I can focus on my skating. Today I got my stitches removes and it didn't hurt one bit instead it tickled which was weird. The gave me an ointment to reduce the scars that may be left but I think it's cool to have them. Yet do to my job I need to use it so my skin looks flawless.

"So now that you free to skate do you have a plan for the final," Mari asked since she was the one who took to the hospital.

"In a way, I do have a plan. I decided to change the jump element and increase the difficulty of my program. I'm so close to beating Veleta world record I just missing something very important. But I still don't know what it could be." I told her as she nodded.

"Oh, I almost forgot this is for you I hope you enjoy it." She opens the letter and saw she had a first-class round trip ticket to Barcelona Spain.

"When did you? How did you?" She was so shocked and amazed about her gift she just hugged me in the end.

"Thank you thank you thank you!" She said as she jumped in excitement.

"Don't worry about I paid for Minako as well. Plus she going all crazy about it and began saying how she's going to go all out this season." She smiled and locked arms with me.

"Well, I got one reason to tell mom and dad to let me go. To cheer for our family and for Yurio." I smiled but something in me made me a bit unsure.

"What's with that face?"

"What face this always been my usual face." She seem to not buying it so I looked up in the sky.

"I'm scared that's all don't worry tomorrow I can get back on the ice and I'll work until last minute," I told her hoping she won't push for more information.

"I know it's more than that but if you don't want to talk about then it's alright. Just know that I'm here to help and support you. Weather be boys or something about ice skating I'll be there." She said as I began to cry silently.

"Thank you, Mari."

Time skip

Viktor POV

As Yuuri and I arrive at ice castle Yuko smiled and waved at us. Yet hearing the sound of skates on the ice let me know someone has beaten us.

"She just beat you guys by ten minutes," Yuri said as we walk and saw our little ice princess working on her routine. I could tell she had improved her program by the way she seems to lose her focus from reality.

She went for her jump and instead of the original she had planned she added and arm up in the air in her quads. When she landed back on the ice she wobbled a bit but kept on skating. Yet she didn't lose the agape feeling she was giving off.

"Amazing I'm sure with a little more practice she can perfect this new version of her programs," I said as she finished her skate. Once she was done I clapped which surprised her.

"Well done keep it up and you might have it down before we leave." She came up to us a drank some water.

"Thanks I changed the jumps of my original to more difficult. I need to beat the world record that Veleta left this time." I patted her head as she smiled.

"I know you'll beat it this time now then with that quad Lutz you did in the end you wobbled a bit. Make sure to keep in mind that your feet need to be steady."

"Got it."

Yuuri POV

I watch as she took in his advice and went back to land that quad with grace. She seems to really have a good time skating here.

"Hey, Yuuri hurry up and get your but over here!" She yelled as I put on a smile.

"Well, then shall we get started on improving your program as well," Viktor said as he took his guards off and went on the ice.

"Yeah, also I want to change the last jump into a quad flip in my short program," I said which cause both of them to look at me.

"Really but you bearly land them in practice Yuuri." (F/n) said with a hint of worry.

"She has a point there. And you bearly landed it last time as well." Viktor said as we stood on the ice.

"But I still have time to improve the execution. I can't afford compliancensy and finding out how far I can push myself will motivate me to keep the fight in the final. Don't you guys want to see it don't you guys want to see me land a quad flip with plus 3GOE?"

"I do!" Viktor said as he jumps to hug me.

"I want to see it too." (F/n) said as jump on the ice to hug me from behind.

"Well then let's get to work and improve your programs.

Time skip

Your POV

Today's the day we're heading to Barcelona. I'm having a lot of mixed feelings right now. From happy to nervous to nausea and excitement. We're at the airport and waiting for our flight to be called. Minako and Mari will be going on the next flight which is at night since they may want to sleep on the plane.

The flight to Barcelona Spain is now boarding. Please make your way to gate 6.

"Well are we ready?" Viktor asks as they announced our flight. Me and Yuuri nodded as we headed off to our gate number.

'This is it the result of our training will be shown that the Grand Prix final.'