sixth skate: Secret Practice

Yuri POV

"So do hate JJ or something?"

"Huh?" She seemed confused at the question. We were going through the city so I can see what it was like.

"Do you hate JJ? Since you said I have to beat him in the Grand Prix final."

"Well in a way I dislike him... a lot. He's always saying things about me and makes fun of me and my skating. He calls me things that aren't even true most of the male skaters I know don't even like him for that. Like big brother Seung-Gil from South Korea, he dislikes him for what he says to me every year. As well as big brother Otabek from Kazakhstan he doesn't like JJ either for all the times he made horrible comments about me. Everyone knows JJ hates me ever since I started skating. I don't know why though all I've ever done is skate." She said with a sad look.

"Probably because your too good that he wants to bring you down to be on top. If he messes with you in Russia tell me and I'll send him back to Canada with a black eye." I said as she smiled at that.

"Thanks Yuri to think your known as the Russian punk. Yet you'rea sweet guy underneath all that." She said which cause me to blush.

"Hey, do you want to go practice at the ice castle. They gave me a key to go in and out when I want to. Since I would be there early a lot." She said I was impressed the ice rink gave her the key.

"Sure maybe I can understand agape a bit better with your help."

"Sure thing as long as Viktor doesn't send you to that temple again. Honestly, I can hear you in pain all the way where I was at." She said as she began to lead me back to ice castle. The doors were locked and lights were off as well. She unlocked doors and open it for me. She locked the door again and turn on the lights.

"Wow they trust too much doesn't your family worry about you," I asked as she shook her head.

"Nope, they know I be here or the ballet studio. They never see me anywhere else unless they ask me yo go to the store or something." She got her skates out and began to change her shoes to skates and I did the same. Once on the ice I showed her the program and she doesn't stop me.

"So what do you think?"

"You didn't express it like you should. Have you ever thought about someone close to you while skating?" She asked.

"Why would I do that I don't trust anybody." She seemed sad at what I said.

"Well I do trust you and my grandpa and that it," I said with a blush.

"Don't worry Yuri after all we are friends. Right?" She said. My heart seems to hurt after she pointed out we were friends.

"Right." She began by telling me to copy her every move while doing agape she put a camera to record and I could see the difference between us. For once I actually had fun while skating. I saw her clam angelic face like the music took her away. After finishing the program I went over and stop the recording.

"You really amazing when skating it's too bad that everyone talks about scandals and rumors of you with other male skaters."

"Yeah well just to be fair they're not true. All the male skaters I know have seen how I act around people. They know I would never take advantage of their trust. Plus they already see me as a little sister. We'll some do at least others I can tell they have a crush on me. Yet they know I don't want to ruin our friendship." She said as I got a bit mad at the thought of her with someone else.

'Why am I getting mad about her and someone else it's not that I like her. Plus we just began to talk these past few days. I don't get why I feel so protective around her and want to see her smile. I also don't get why I have the urge to hug her and see her skate.'

"Yuri are you okay?" I looked up and saw her worry. Her (e/c) eyes full of concern and worry about me.

"Yeah, just a little tired that's all." She seem unsure about it but left it alone.

"Alright hey can help me with my short program I'm not sure if it's the one I want to do but I the song is something I actually wanted to do for years." She asked.

"Sure since your helping me out I'll help you out." She smiled at me and went to the center of the rink.

'I wonder what her short program might be.'

Your POV

I got to the center and waited for the song to start. I decided to change the story but I don't know what made me do it. Maybe it's the way the others perform theirs that made me rethink about it. I'm not the best but I want to be.

"Listen (F/n) just let the music take control of your movements. Your body knows what it's doing all you have to do is let go what is in your mind."  That's what Veleta told me on my first competition. I know her words were right my body does know what to do and all I have to do is let go of everything.

As soon as I heard the music I blanked out and let my body take over. I always know what my body does while doing a program. Yet this is the first time that I don't know what I'm doing. Before I knew it the song was over and I had my left hand stretch out for someone and my right hand on my heart.

'This is the first time that I don't know what I did.' I looked at Yuri and he was speechless.

'Was I that horrible.' I skated over to Yuri and he seems to snap out of it.

"It wasn't good was it."

"No it was amazing I didn't think all you could perform like that." He said he blushed as he blushed at what he said.

"Thanks Yuri do you want to get something to eat or do you want to keep skating?"

"I think we should eat after all if we keep going they'll start to wonder what we're doing alone. Plus you haven't eaten since this morning. You can't keep doing that it's bad for a skater to skip their meals." He said as scowled me.

"Alright I, get it so let's go back and eat some pork cutlet bowls. As well get a nice bath." I looked at him and he smiled but at the same time, my heart skips a beat.

'I wonder why my heart is acting this way?'