Chapter 64

Baekhyun watched Chanyeol get pushed on the stretcher to be further examine by the doctor. They told him that they needed to do some checks to ensure that there weren't any water in his lungs or anything.

He was following Chanyeol when a nurse came up to him to ask him to follow her to dress his wounds.

"I am fine. It's ok." He just replied, not wanting to leave Chanyeol alone.

"But sir, your wounds are quite deep. It's better to clean them to prevent an infection later on." The nurse tried to explain.

Baekhyun sighed. "But I said I'm fine. I'll clean them myself." He said, trying not to sound rude.

The nurse was about to speak again when Chanyeol spoke first. "Baek, go clean your wounds. I am fine. Besides, you don't wanna make me worry about you right?" Baekhyun looked at him worriedly. Chanyeol just nodded and smile at him. "Go, follow the nurse."

Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol before following the nurse obediently. His wounds were cleaned and dressed quickly and he immediately went back to Chanyeol once the nurse was done.

"So, is he fine?" Baekhyun asked the doctor once Chanyeol was done with his check up.

"Yes, his lungs are clear so don't worry." The doctor said before bowing and excusing himself.

Baekhyun only sighed in relief as he looked at Chanyeol who was lying on the bed. Chanyeol laughed at him.

"See, I told you I am fine. Now, how are your wounds? Are they serious?" Chanyeol asked and Baekhyun shook his head.

"Nah, nothing too serious. Just some superficial cuts here and there. The nurse just told me to clean and change the bandage every day." Baekhyun said and Chanyeol nodded.

"That's good to hear. Urm... have you checked on Taeyeon?" Chanyeol asked and Baekhyun dreaded that question.

He squeezed his eyes shut as he shook his head. Sensing that Baekhyun was feeling scared, Chanyeol took Baekhyun's hands in his and gave them a light squeeze, hoping it could give him some comfort.

"Hey, it's fine alright. She will be fine. But now that I'm fine, I think you might want to see how its going for her." Chanyeol said and Baekhyun agreed although he really didn't want to face the reality.

"I guess I'll go check on her now." Baekhyun muttered and left the room.

It turned out Taeyeon was still having the operation. He turned the corner only to see Taeyeon's father sitting on one of the chairs looking worried and anxious. He walked over and sat down beside Mr Kim, not knowing what to say.

"I'm sorry." Mr Kim was the first one to break the silence.

Baekhyun bit his lower lips and looked up. "Urm.... it's fine I guess."

Mr Kim shook his head. "It's not. I hurt you and my own daughter. I'm sorry."

"I understand. You were blinded by anger that I hurt your duaghter. Any father would have been angry." Baekhyun said.

Mr Kim sighed, the tears in his eyes threatening to fall. "Blinded by anger isn't an excuse. What I did was wrong no matter what and I don't know what to say except I'm sorry. I don't ask for your forgiveness or anything but I wanted you to know I'm sorry for everything I did to you and Mr Park. I will turn myself in after I make sure that Taeyeon is fine." Mr Kim said and Baekhyun could only nod.

"I forgive you Mr Kim. Really. I was kinda at fault too. I mean I shouldn't have accepted Taeyeon when I knew that I could never love her or give her happiness. I hurt her but still she kept putting on a brave front and I know she is hurting alot inside." Baekhyun said, his voice trembling a little thinking about how much pain he had caused to Taeyeon both emotionally and physically.

Only if he never accepted her, none of this would have happened. Taeyeon wouldn't have been heartbroken and most importantly, she wouldn't have been lying in the operation room right now. It was all his fault.

"Baekhyun, can I ask you one favour?" Mr Kim spoke he nodded immediately. "I will just make sure Taeyeon is fine but I won't stay until she wakes up. So when she wakes up, help me take care of her, at least until she recovers. I won't ask you to hide the truth from her because I know she is a strong girl. So don't lie to her about me turning myself in." Mr Kim said and Baekhyun nodded, giving him a smile small.

"I will. I will stay by her to take care of her. Even after she recovers, I will still take care of her. Afterall, she may not be my girlfriend but she will always be my best friend." Baekhyun said, hoping it would reassure Mr Kim.

Mr Kim nodded and smiled, thanking Baekhyun again. And at that moment, the light of the surgery room was turned off and the doctor walked out.

Mr Kim ran over with Baekhyun trailing behind. "Doctor, how is my daughter?"

The doctor removed his mask and explained Taeyeon's condition. "Your daughter is out of danger. I have removed the bullet from her left arm and she didn't lose too much blood. However, her left arm might be paralysed for quite some time. It may take a while before t can recover and start functioning like before. But don't worry, it isn't a big problem. As long as she does the therapy every week, her left arm will be back to normal soon."

Baekhyun heaved a sigh of relief after knowing that Taeyeon was fine but his heart dropped after knowing that her left arm was going to be temporarily paralysed. Luckily, it would recover after some time of treatment or else, he will never forgive himself.

"Thank you Doctor." Mr Kim said and bowed as the doctor smiled and bowed back politely.

Taeyeon's father sighed in relief as he turned to look at Baekhyun. "Well, now that I know she's fine, I will get going. Please take care of her on behalf of me. Thank you and I'm sorry." Mr Kim said and turned to leave before Baekhyun could say anything.

"I will." Baekhyun said to no one in particular. He could only thank god that Taeyeon was fine and Chanyeol wasn't hurt. That was all he could wish for.

Well, happy ending here hehe and yes the story is finally coming to an end so no more twist and turns!! I promise heh