Chapter 43

No one POV

Kyungsoo sat patiently in the waiting room as the officers went in to call Chanyeol. After a few minutes, the door opened and Chanyeol trudged in. The moment he saw Kyungsoo, his quickly sat down.

"How's Baekhyun?" Chanyeol asked before Kyungsoo even started talking.

"He's.... fine. Just very quiet and stays in his room. But he still eats so I guess you don't have to worry too much." Kyungsoo lied, a little white lie wouldn't hurt right? He just didn't want Chanyeol to worry about how Baekhyun would throw a tantrum and make things difficult before he starts eating.

"Anyways, I am here to tell you about the trial. You are lucky to have it in two weeks time. But as for now, you will have to be detained until everything is over." Kyungsoo started.

"I know."

"I am trying to bail you for a day or two so you can see Baekhyun or something." Kyungsoo continued and Chanyeol's face lit up the moment he heard that he can see Baekhyun.

"Really?!"

Kyungsoo nodded and smiled. "It should be able to be approved since you already onfessed. I mean, there is no evidence for you to destroy or whatsoever."

Chanyeol laughed for the first time. "Yah, did you forget that you are talking to a lawyer too?"

That made Kyungsoo laugh too. "Right, I forgot I am talking to our team's best lawyer." Kyungsoo joked. "But seriously don't worry too much. I'll try my best to reduce your sentence."

Chanyeol just nodded when the officer came in. "Time's up." He said and Chanyeol stood up, as he was about to leave, he turned around and said, "Take care of Baekhyun for me."

Kyungsoo nodded, "I will even without you telling me."

After that, Kyungsoo went straight to Baekhyun's house. He practically spend most of his time there. He was scared that Baekhyun might do something silly, considering the fact that he tried to die a few times before. And of course, Jongin had no objections. He also took care of Baekhyun when he was free but currently, he had a new project.

"Baekhyun? I'm coming in." Kyungsoo said as he knocked on the door and received no response. He opened the door and only saw Baekhyun curled up in a ball, which was no surprise. Baekhyun just spend everday either crying or deep in his own thoughts. Kyungsoo tried getting him to share but he just kept quiet. He refused to talk. He was no longer the cheerful, talkative Baekhyun. Or should he say that he went back to how he was last time?

"Baek," Kyungsoo sighed, as he saw the breakfast he made for Baekhyun still there untouched. "Why didn't you eat your breakfast." He asked but he knew he wasn't going to receive any response.

Still, he smiled. "Nevermind. Here, your lunch." Kyungsoo said as he placed a bowl of noodles on the bedside table. Well, that was supposedly his late breakfast since it was only 11. He opened it and tried to feed it to Baekhyun but was ignored. He sighed and put it down.

His stomach growled and this time, Baekhyun looked at him but still didn't say anything. "It would be a waste to throw away this breakfast huh?" Kyungsoo said as he took it and smelt it. The food was cold and not so fresh since it was exposed for a few hours. But it would really be a waste to throw it away so Kyungsoo took it and took a bite.

It wasn't exactly very nice but he didn't mind as long as Baekhyun gets the best. He was going to take another bite when Baekhyun snatched the food away. "Baek, what are you doing?" He asked.

"Stop eating that." Baekhyun said. Kyungsoo just stared at Baekhyun for he had finally talked.

"What? I don't want to throw it away. Now, give it back." Kyungsoo said and tried to get the food back.

Baekhyun then stuffed the food in his mouth and Kyungsoo blinked in shock. "Yah! Why did you eat it? It's already cold! You can eat the noodles." Kyungsoo said and Baekhyun glared at him.

"If you know its cold then why are you eating it? It's not even nice." He said angrily. "Eat the noodles."

Kyungsoo stared at Baekhyun, shocked at the number of words he was saying at once. "B-but, I gave it to you. Come on Baek, please eat something. You need the strength." He pleaded but Baekhyun looked away.

"Baek?" He called again.

"I am not hungry. Take the noodles and eat by yourself."

Kyungsoo was on the verge of crying. "I'm not hungry. Please jus- just eat the noodles." Kyungsoo choked on his tears.

Hearing that Kyungsoo was going to cry, Baekhyun turned around only to see a single tears rolling down his cheeks. At that moment, he felt guilty. Kyungsoo had been taking care of him for the past week and all he ever done was to throw tantrums and make things difficult for Kyungsoo. He could tell that Kyungsoo was tired with all the eyebags.

He leaned forward and wiped the tears away from Kyungsoo. "I'll eat. But you have to sit down and eat with me." Baekhyun said, finally giving in. He had no appetite but he knew Kyungsoo was stubborn. Well, even more stubborn than him.

Kyungsoo finally smiled and sat down as he took the noodles and fed it to Baekhyun.

"Baek, Chanyeol's trial is two weeks from now." Kyungsoo said as they were eating. Baekhyun stopped chewing and Kyungsoo could see tears in his eyes. "Don't worry alrght? I will do my best. Everything will be fine." Kyungsoo said as he put down the bowl and pulled Baekhyun into a hug.

"Everything will be fine? How is everything fine?" Baekhyun thought. He knew that everything was going to change. He don't want to face anything right now. All he want to do was to run away and hide. Just like the coward he always was. He didn't even think that he could face Chanyeol right now. He didn't know what he was feeling.

Did he hate Chanyeol? Or does he still love Chanyeol?

He doesn't know anymore.....

Aye another update today yayy

Btw, how do you guys think about their comeback?? Becuz for me, I really really loved it!!! And once again, exo doesn't disappoint!! Hehe