Chapter 54

After Baekhyun packed his bag, he knocked on Chanyeol's door. He received a 'come in' and opened the door, only to see Chanyeol still buried with papers and files.

"Oh hey, you're done?" Chanyeol asked as he saw Baekhyun. Baekhyun smiled and nodded. His head was not functioning properly as he was fangirling about how hot Chanyeol looked in his specs. "Oh ok, give me a sec. I'll pack up and we can go."  Baekhyun just nodded once again and sat down on the couch, staring at Chanyeol, admiring every movement of his.

"Ok, let's go!" Chanyeol chirped, breaking Baekhyun out of his trance.

"So where are we going?" Baekhyun asked as Chanyeol drove. Chanyeol just smiled and shrugged.

"You'll find out when we are there."

*****

"Omg, are we really eating here?" Baekhyun asked in disbelief as he stepped into the restaurant.

"Yup"

"But... but this place looks so posh and expensive !" Baekhyun gaped and Chanyeol chuckled.

"I know but Baek, did you forget that I'm the CEO? I'm rich!" Chanyeol joked and Baekhyun rolled his eyes.

"But we can for street food instead! You know, like the old times?" Baekhyun suggested, feeling bad that Chanyeol was going to spent so much money on him.

Chanyeol thought for a moment before shaking his head. "Nah, let's eat here for today. As for street food, we can leave it for the next time. Wah, this gives me more chances to ask you out for dinner." Chanyeol said and Baekhyun scoffed.

"Yeah yeah, let's go in."

"Uh, a reservation for 2 under Park Chanyeol." Chanyeol said to the waiter as he led them into a private room where the table was right beside a window and the view was magnificent since the restaurant was located at the highest floor of the building.

"Wow!" Baekhyun gushed as he sat down, admiring the surroundings.

"It's beautiful right?" Chanyeol asked and Baekhyun nodded.

"Wait, why didn't the waiter pass us the menu?" Baekhyun sked, suddenly realising that they haven't ordered.

"That's cause I already ordered everything. They'll be serving soon." Chanyeol explained.

Baekhyun raised his eyebrows. "Seems like you had it all planned out huh?" Chanyeol just chuckled and shrugged.

Once the food was served, Baekhyun started gobbling down the food. It was just heavenly. "Yeol, can we order one more? It's so good!" Baekhyun asked although he wasn't even halfway done with his food. Chanyeol frowned, how can this petite guy eat so much?

"Uh, I don't think you should order another one. You're not even halfway done and there's still dessert later."

Munching on his food, he replied, "Really?! Yay! I love desserts! Ok then,I'll just make do with this. But," Baekhyun paused as he swallowed his food, "I want loads of dessert later." He said as he waved his hands around. Chanyeol chuckled at how cute he looked.

After a while, Baekhyun finished his food and was pestering Chanyeol to make them serve the dessert. "Hurry! I want to eat the desserts already!"

"Ok ok, but before that, I want to give you something." Chanyeol said and out of nowhere, he took out a bouquet of flowers, passing them to Baekhyun, who was in shock.

"I... wow thanks! These are my favourite flowers." Baekhyun said and smiled. "Thank you!"

"That's not all. I have one more thing." Chanyeol said and took out a velvet box. Baekhyun eyes widened at the sight of it. It couldn't be... no, it can be. Besides, they were only friends right now. Baekhyun bit his lips nervously as Chanyeol opened it.

It was a silver necklace with a heart shape. It was a locket and Baekhyun looked at it in disbelief. He took the locket and stared at it, figuring out how to open it but it was locked.

"Its.... Beautiful... but how do you open it?" Baekhyun asked.

Chanyeol smiled and showed the necklace that Baekhyun didn't even realised he was wearing. It was a key.  Chanyeol took off the necklace and used it to open the lock. Inside, it was a picture of the two of them. Baekhyun just stared at it in shock. He didn't know what to say.

"I... I don't know what to say..."

Chanyeol smiled. "I'm glad you liked it. Baekhyun, after spending so much time with you, be it in the office or outside, I can't help but fall deeper in love with you, well, only if that is even possible. But I really want to be with you. During the 3 years that you were gone, it felt like a part of me was missing, a huge part. My life wasn't complete, even with all the money I had. Only then did I realised that I cannot live without you and that I couldn't forget you no matter how hard I try. So I want to ask you if you want to stay with me? Byun Baekhyun, be my boyfriend?"

Baekhyun just stared at Chanyeol, trying to digest what he had just said. He knew his answer already. He knew his heart was screaming yes, so what was stopping him?

"Chanyeol, can you give me some time? I mean, I am technically still dating Taeyeon so give me some time to break up with her." Baekhyun said.

Chanyeol's face lit up immediately. "Wait, does that mean you are accepting me?"

Baekhyun laughed and nodded his head. "Yes you pabo. I am willing to give it a try. Well, Kyungsoo told me to follow my heart and so I am doing it. We've been through so much anyways, I don't believe there's anything we can't overcome as long as we are together." Baekyun said and Chanyeol stood up, hugging him.

"Thank you! Thank you for giving me this chance. I promise I wouldn't give you up anymore and I will protect you from now on. " Chanyeol gushed and hugged Baekhyun even tighter.

"I know." Baekhyun said, returning the hug. "God, you have no idea how much I miss this." Baekhyun said and buried his head into Chanyeol's shoulder, sniffing his scent that he missed so dearly.

"Me too."

Ayo peeps chanyeol finally confessed and baek accepted so yall can love me woohoo HAHAHAH im kidding
but school is gonna start next wednesday and after being on a break for 2 whole months im not ready for school oml 😫 promise to have another update before this year ends!!! heh