Chapter 7

Chanyeol POV

I was walking to the cafeteria when I realized that I forgot my wallet. I sighed and walked back. I don't get why Baekhyun is avoiding me. He has been ignoring me since the incident. Did I do something wrong?

As I was reaching me desk, I saw Baekhyun talking to Kyungsoo. I sighed again. I wished Baekhyun would also talk to me.

Then, I suddenly remembered something. Kyungsoo is Baekhyun best friend right? That means maybe I can ask him why Baekhyun is suddenly so cold to me! Yay! I am such a genius!

Once Kyungsoo was done talking with Baekhyun, I quickly ran up to him.

"Kyungsoo!" I called his name. He stopped ans turned around before flashing me a small smile.

"Yeah?"

"Urm.... Have you have lunch yet?" I asked.

"Not yet. Why?" He asked.

"Uh... I have something to ask you. Why don't we go grab lunch together while we talk? Oh and I will treat!" I suggested and he nodded. We walked to the cafeteria and ordered our food.

"$21.50 sir." The cashier said and I reached for me wallet. I frowned when my pocket was empty. Shit! I completely forgot about my wallet! Oh god, I just promised that I will treat.

"Uh... Kyungsoo? I- I ur f-forgot my w-wallet. H-haha." I laughed awkwardly as I scratch the back of my neck.

Kyungsoo let out a chuckle as he took out his wallet and paid. "Why am I not surprised?" He teased as we collected our food and walked to pur table.

"Heh sorry. I promise I will treat the next time!"

"Yeah whatever. So what did you want to ask?" Kyungsoo asked as he munched on his food.

"Well.... Baekhyun has been avoiding me recently. I... I don't know what I did wrong. Did he tell you anything that I did?" I mummbled.

"Actually yeah. It's not your fault Chanyeol. It's just... It's a long story." Kyungsoo paused. I nodded my head, signalling for him to continue. 

"So it starts with Baekhyun being abused by his father since young." Kyungsoo continued.

"BWO?!" I shouted, attracting people's eyes. "Oh sorry." I said embarrassed. I just didn't know that the cheerful Baekhyun I see had such a past.

"He was abused both physically and sexually by his father and the friends he brought home. Not only that, he was bullied by schoolmates every day. I am not sure what happened over the past 4 years but apparently he said that he got treatment in America but he is still kinda afraid of violence. I think it probably will stay with him forever." Kyungsoo explained as his voice trailed off. I could see tears welling up in his eyes.

I was trying to digest everything I am hearing. So Baekhyun is frightened by me punching the guys that time I saved him. I scared him. No wonder he avoided me.

"Chanyeol, please don't judge him for his past." Kyungsoo said and I frowned. 

"Yah! You know I am not that kind of person!" I siad defensively.

"Heh sorry." Kyungsoo apologised.

"Anyways, thanks! I promise I will treat you.... Someday?" I joked and Kyungsoo laughed.

"Yeah yeah whatever. Just make up with Baekhyun soon!" Kyungsoo said as we got up to return our trays. (A/N: Gosh, I was so tempted to write make out with Baekhyun 😂)

Just a short update here that I managed to write while celebrating chinese new year haha. Urgh its already the last day of the long weekend break n i'm dreading school tmr :(  so many graded assignments and shits haiz

But anyways, hope you have had enjoyed!