Chapter 37

Kyungsoo POV

I was getting ready to sleep when I heard the door knock. "I'll get the door." I told Jongin and he nodded.

I opened the door and saw Baekhyun holding the door frame, looking very weak.

"Baekhyun?" I said and frowned. Then, he suddenly collapsed and luckily I caught him.

"Kyungsoo? Who is it?" Jongin asked as he walked out.

"Uh, a little help please? Baekhyun fainted." I said and Jongin came over, helping me bring Baekhyun to our bed first.

My heart broke when I see his face filled with bruises. I went to the kitchen, got a pail of water and started cleaning his wounds. Jongin stood beside me looking at Baekhyun confused.

"What happened?" He asked and I shrugged.

That's when it struck my mind. Was it his father? But wasn't his father in jail? Unless, he was released.

I sat beside Baekhyun, waiting for him to wake up. After an hour or so, he finally stirred. "Baekhyun!" I said worried and help him sit up.

"Kyungsoo, sorry for troubling you." He said the first thing he woke up. I shook my head and hugged him.

"What happened?" I asked and he broke the hug, staring at me. His eyes started to water and he finally said, "My father."

I knew it. No one else would beat him up like this. "Tell me every single thing." I demanded. He slowly nodded.

"My father, he was released. He came to find me about a week ago. He beat me up and I was unconscious. Then, I never saw him again but I knew he would be back. Then today, he was in my house when I returned from work. I have no idea how he got in but he beat me up and tried to rape me." Baekhyun explain and I could feel my heart shattering into pieces.

How could he go through all this alone again? Tears blurred my vision as I looked at him. "Why didn't you tell me? I thought you promised me that you will tell me everything that was bothering you?" I cried.

Tears also streamed down his cheeks. "Mianhe."

I shook my head. "Don't you treat me as your best friend?" I said but Baekhyun nodded his head. "Then why do you always keep everything to yourself?"

He began to cry. "Mianhe, jinja mianhe. I just didn't want to bother since you just came back from your honeymoon. I don't want to be a burden. You have always been the one helping me but I never done anything for you." Baekhyun cried and I cried along with him.

I shook my head, " No Baekhyun, you will never be a burden for me. Who said you have never done anything for me? Just by staying as my best friend is something I appreciate. When I see you happy, I would be happy for you too. That is what best friends are for." I said and pulled Baekhyun into a hug.

"Don't tell Chanyeol yet, I don't want him to worry. Let him finish his case first." Baekhyun muttered and I nodded.

He cried into my shoulders as I patted his back comforting him. He cried until he fell asleep and I covered the blanket over him and walked out of my room, letting him sleep.

"Kyungsoo? He slept already?" Jongin said as he saw me out of the room. I nodded and sat down on the couch with him.

Jongin wrapped his arms around me as I rested my head on his shoulders. "What happened to him?" Jongin asked and I knew he was very confused.

"I am telling you this and I am sure Baekhyun won't mind. Well, since young, Baekhyun was abused by his father, both physically and sexually." I said and Jongin looked very shocked.

"Bwo?! How could a father do that?!" He sounded very angry. I just nodded and continued. "His mother was killed by his father right before his own eyes. He used to think that he caused his mother death and was very depressed. But he received treatment in America and had Chanyeol by his side. Everything was going smoothly for him until last week. His father was released from jail. He was beaten up again and tonight his father tried to rape him again. He had nowhere to go that's why he came here." I explained everything in one shot and Jongin frowned.

"I didn't expect the cheerful Baekhyun hyung having such a horrible background. But, I don't really know him well anyways." Jongin said and sighed. I nodded as he drew circles on my back, calming me down as I cried when I was explaining everything to him.

I sighed as I thought about how I was supposed to  help him. He already suffered enough , isn't it time for him to have some peace and happiness?