Chapter 38

Kyungsoo POV

"Are you sure you are alright?" Kyungsoo asked for the umpteenth time.

I sighed and nodded. "Yes Kyung, I will be fine. Don't worry so much alright?"

He pouted, "How can I not be worried? You-" I interrupted him before he could say anything. I knew what he was going to say.

"Listen, I will be fine. I know how to protect myself alright? I am not the weak Baekhyun anymore. I have Chanyeol and you to live for. So I will stand up for myself alright? Now, don't worry too much." I said, patting Kyungsoo's shoulders, reassuring him.

He sighed and nodded. "Alright, but remember to tell me right away if that bastard comes again and hurts you." I just smiled and nodded, happy to know that I had such a nice friend.

I opened the door and waited for the lift. "Yah, remember to tell me alright? I don't want you to go through everything by yourself silently." Kyungsoo shouted from inside and my smile widened.

"Yes mum!" I joked and stepped into the lift. Well, I have recovered abit and since I didn't want to burden Kyungsoo any longer, I decided to leave. I swear I would never let that man touch me. I wasn't going to be weak like before. There were people I was living for, especially Chanyeol. After everything, there was no way I would give up everything at a time like now.

I reached home, took a deep breath and opened the door. As expected, that man was in my house. There was cans of beer all over the floor. He turned around when he heard me come back. I walked to the dining table and put down the keys.

"You finally came back. Where have you been? You didn't even bring your wallet." He said as he walked over.

"None of your business." I scowled.

He let out a laugh, well, more like a snicker. "Were you being the prostitute you are, sleeping around with men? No wonder you had a place to sleep for a few days. What a bitch."

I gave him a slap, using all my strength. "Shut up! You have no rights to talk about me. Now leave, I don't ever want to see you again."

He tried to punch me but I managed to dodge and instead, pinned him down. "Let go of me!" He shouted.

"I did not learn hapkido for nothing. Previously, I didn't retaliate because I was just giving you a chance. But seems like you don't deserve it. I am not the weak Byun Baekhyun you knew anymore." I said, still holding him down and sitting on him since I wasn't as strong as him.

"You faggot!" He shouted and struggled in vain.

"Let's make a deal." I said and released him as he quickly stood up.

"What deal?" He asked.

"I'll give you some money each month and you don't ever bother me again. That means I don't even want to see your face appearing in my life ever again. I don't care how you spend it, whether on alcohol or fucking some girls, but once you finish using it before the month is up, you cannot come and find me." I explained and he hesitated.

"How much will you be giving me." He asked, eyeing me cautiously.

"$400"

"Bwo?! That's like $100 a week! It's to less!" He shouted.

"Then I'll double it, $800." I compromised.

"What?! That's not even one tenth of your salary!" He argued.

"Fine, $1000 then. No more."I said

He snickered. "Yah, that's even lesser than a cleaner's salary."

"Really? Then go be a cleaner then. Forget about the deal." I said and turned around, walking away.

"Then I will just come back for you everyday then." He threatened, thinking I would be scared.

I smirked and turned around. "Go ahead, if you want to spend the rest of your life in jail." I said and he glared at me.

"Based on what charges huh?" He challenged.

"Attempted rape, abusing, trespassing my house, harassment-" I was cut off by him.

"You sneaky son of a bitch!" He shouted.

"Don't forget I am a lawyer. I can easily put you in jail for the rest of your life." I said, still smirking.

"Fine! I'll take your deal!" He said

"Great, I will be remitting money at the first day of each month into your bank account." I said. "Since this month is ending, I'll just give you $300 for now." I said as I took out my wallet, giving him $300 straight away.

He just glared at me, took the money and stormed off as he slammed the door.

I heaved a sigh of relief as he left. My legs literally felt weak. The strong façade was just a show, I had to outsmart him since I am physically weaker than him. I guess I should ask Chanyeol to bring me to the gym with him when he comes back.

For now, I just hope everything would go smoothly and he wouldn't come back. Of course, I can't possibly provide him money every month so I will get rid of him sooner or later. But for now, let just see how things would go.

Yesyes another double update cuz why not?? Lol jk im just super free nowadays and hv nth to do so... enjoy....