Chapter 48

3 years passed

The moment Baekhyun set his foot outside with his luggage beside him, the corner of his lips tugged upwards. Spreading his arms wide apart, he took a deep breath.

"Yah! Oppa, what are you doing?" A female voice came from behind.

"Breathing in the fresh air of Korea." Baekhyun answered without even opening his eyes.

"Huh?"

"Gosh Taeyeon, don't you find the air here much more fresher than America?" Baekhyun said and Taeyeon raised one eyebrow.

"Uh.... No?"

"You don't know anything." Baekhyun shook his head.

"Yah, Byun Baekhyun, I knew were dumb. But I never knew you were this dumb." Taeyeon sighed.

"Yah! What do you mean?!" Baekhyun frowned at her.

"Do you even realise that right in front of you are just vehicles. I mean, this is an airport for god's sake!" Taeyeon paused before continuing, "I am pretty sure whatever you are breathing in are all the harmful gases released by the cars."

Baekhyun blinked and pouted. "Did you have to ruin my dramatic return?"

Taeyeon rolled her eyes. "Yeah yeah, whatever. Let's just go." She said and pulled her luggage along.

"Aish!" Baekhyun mumbled as he followed behind Taeyeon. They hailed a cab and got on it as Baekhyun said his previous apartment's address. Yup, he never sold it. Well, he holds a lot of memories.

"Oppa, is your apartment big?" Taeyeon asked.

"Uh... not really? But don't worry, I have 2 rooms so it'll be fine. Anyways, you'll see when you get there."

****

"Oh my, your apartment is so small." Taeyeon gasped the moment she stepped in.

Pulling his luggage to his room, he shouted from in there, "Yah! Don't complain! You were the one that rejected your father's offer of buying you a terrace house here!"

Taeyeon pouted. "Fine! I won't criticise your apartment then." She said as she plopped down onto the couch. The photo frames near the tv caught her attention as she stood up to look at it. Picking one up, it was a picture of Baekhyun and another guy. Baekhyun was smiling very happily and it was a smile Taeyeon rarely saw. But all the pictures here had Baekhyun smiling brightly. And it was always that certain guy.

"Oppa, is this guy here Chanyeol?" Taeyeon asked as her voice soften at the name Chanyeol. She knew perfectly that Baekhyun becomes sad at the name.

"Yeah," Baekhyun muttered, his eyes lowered to the ground. But a smile was soon back on his face as he changed the topic.

"The weather is nice today, you want to go for a walk at the park nearby?" He asked and Taeyeon just nodded.

"Yeah sure!"

*****

"I used to come here often whenever I was stressed. Taking a walk here really did help. I mean, it's so quiet." Baekhyun said as they were walking. Taeyeon just nodded as she admire the greenery around her.

"Wow, it really is quiet. How peaceful." She said and smiled.

"Yeah, I would come here with Chanyeol..." Baekhyun voice trailed off as Chanyeol filled his mind.

Taeyeon noticed the change in his voice and decided to change the topic. "Oppa, I saw a ice cream store as we were walking. Stay here, I'll go get us some ice cream kay?" She said cheerfully.