Chapter 22

Baekhyun POV

I was sleeping soundly when the beeping of the machine woke me up. I opened my eyes and saw that the heartbeat was flat. Chanyeol was also awaken by the beeping sound.

"No... no no this can't be... dad... no please..." Chanyeol cried.

"Doctor! Doctor! Someone please!" He shouted and a doctor rushed in while all I could do was stand there and watch helplessly.

They tried to save him but it was of no use. His heart had stopped. This was it. The situation both of us had prayed to not happen, it really happened. The nurse used the blanket to covered his face.

"Patient Park Chanwoo, passed away on 17 June 2018 at 2:48pm." The doctor said and the nurse wrote it down. Chanyeol's eyes widened as he shook his head.

"NO! NO IT CAN'T BE!" He shouted, pulling the blanket down, refusing to accept the truth. He then turned to grab the doctor and screamed, "No! You can't just let him die! Save him! Save him now! Please I beg you just do anything you can and save him...." His voice cracking at the end.

I pulled him away, hoping he would calm down. "Stop! Chanyeol! Stop! He's dead! You can't change anything. " He stopped and looked away, tears falling profusely. My heart shattered into pieces seeing him like this.

"I'm sorry Mr Park. But there is really nothing more we can do." The doctor said before bowing and leaving.

******

Chanyeol POV

Today was the funeral for my father. I had no more tears to cry anymore. I looked very wrecked but I didn't care. Everyone was just filing in, paying their respects to my father, giving me their condolences, telling me to stay strong and don't be too sad. I just nodded at whatever they said. I was too tired to cared about anything. My mother and sister on the other hand were trying their best not to break down.

"Chanyeol" The familiar voice that had always been by me said. I looked up and saw Baekhyun.

"Baek" I said, my voice cracking. He pulled me in for a hug as I cried into his shoulders. He was the only one whom I showed all my emotions to.I feel like he was the only one who understood me.

He patted my back and comforted me. "Don't cry anymore. You should stay strong. Life still goes on as usual. I believe your father wouldn't want to see you like this right? And don't forget those who care about you, your mother, sister and me. Now, give me a smile." He said, flashing me a small smile.

I forced a smile and he patted my shoulders. "Good boy." He whispered and it was then a genuine smile crept onto my face. He was the only one that made me smile genuinely ever since the accident.

Then, I thought of Eunsol. I haven't seen her for very long and she didn't even came to visit my father when he was in the hospital. I called her once but she said she had a lot of work to do. I guess she should at least come for his funeral out of respect right?

"Eunsol?"

"Y-yeah?" She answered.

"Oh, I wanted to inform you that today is the last day of my father funeral. I was hoping you could come and pay some respects." I said.

"Ahh..." I heard her moan and I frowned. Is she not feeling well?

"Eunsol?"

"Oh... Uh... Ahhh... my s-stomach hurts... gotta to go!" She said hurriedly and hung up. I sighed. Maybe she is not feeling well.

*******

1 week later

"Baekhyun, you have done a great job this time. Both cases that you were handling won. Keep up the good work. I see you have gotten an idea how to work on such cases." Mr Lee prasied Baekhyun and he smiled, uttering a thank you. I showed a thumbs up to Baekhyun and his smile widened.

"And Chanyeol, this case that you handled, the client was very satisfied with what you proposed. Good job." Mr Lee said as he turned to me. We were having a group meeting and Mr Lee was commenting on everyone's performances.

"Thank you." I said and smiled.

"Ok, this month, our group is the group that earn the most profit from the winning of cases. So, tonight, a group dinner! My treat!" Mr Lee said and everyone cheered. Well, yeap, Mr Lee can be really nice when he is in a good mood.

******

Oh my gosh, I think my eardrums are going to burst or something. The music is damn loud. Yes, we are now in a club because everyone else agreed on going and Baekhyun and Kyungsoo pulled me along. So here I am now.

"Let's play truth or dare!" Someone suggested. I groaned. I just wanted to get out of here.

"Come on Chanyeol, let's play!" Baekhyun shouted over the music. He kept insisting so I had no choice but to play.

Baekhyun POV

After playing a few rounds. I needed to go to the toilet desperately. I stood up and Chanyeol grabbed me.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

"Toilet." I replied and he nodded, letting me go.

I came out of the toilet and was walking back when I saw a familiar figure. I went closer and realized that it was Eunsol. She was making out with a random guy. Wait, she is cheating on Chanyeol?!

I went up to her and called her name. She broke the kiss and looked shocked when she saw me.

"B-baekhyun?" She stammered.

"You... You are cheating on Chanyeol? How could you!" I shouted at her. She immediately recovered from her shock.

"Yes so what?"

"You-" I was cut off by her.

"I am planning to break up with him soon so you don't have to worry." Eunsol said like she doesn't care how broken Chanyeol would be.

"You bitch! Did you know that Chanyeol was planning to propose to you?!" I screamed in anger.

"Nope. Luckily he didn't yet, if not I would have to disappoint him." She said casually.

"So you have been cheating on him for quite some time huh?" I said and she nodded.

"Yes. I mean, Chanyeol is very boring. I dated him because I thought he would be rich since he is a lawyer but turns out he is so stingy. And please, he doesn't even show that he wants to fuck me or anything. He is too innocent. Oh and he doesn't even care for me." She said and I cut her.

"What do you mean by him not caring for you?!" I shouted. As far as I know, Chanyeol loved her a lot.

"Gosh, remember when we went to eat dinner? He gave you his food first. You had to signal to him to feed me." Eunsol said and I had nothing to say. I had to admit that Chanyeol wasn't very sensitive about these stuff.

"I know that you like Chanyeol, don't you?"Eunsol said. My eyes widened, how did she know that?

"What?!" I pretended to be shocked.

"I can tell by the way you look at him. Full of love." Eunsol continued and I stared at her in shock.

"I have to admit he is hot. But if you are planning to get into his pants then it's difficult. Well-" She was cut off by a shout.

"STOP! IT'S ENOUGH!" I turned and saw Chanyeol. My eyes widened when I saw him walking over. Did he hear everything?

"C-chanyeol." I stammered.

Well, I just finished my math test yesterday and so I had a little free time to write this before everything becomes really busy again. Hope you guys enjoyed it and yes! Eunsol and Chanyeol is finally breaking up! Now that she's gonna be out of the picture.... Our baekkie now has more chances! Hehe