Chapter 55

Getting off the car, Chanyeol locked the car and was about to walk Baekhyun up to his apartment.

"Uh, no need to walk me up. I can go up myself. Thanks for the ride back." Baekhyun thanked.

"I want to. Please?" Chanyeol pouted and Baekhyun couldn't resist such cuteness, could he?

Sighing, the brunette gave in. "Fine." Chanyeol smiled and pulled Baekhyun along into the lift.

Once Baekhyun was at his doorstep, he turned around, "Well, I'm home. You can go now." He said and smiled.

"Alright. Oh, I just wanted to thank you." Chanyeol said and Baekhyun raised an eyebrow.

"What for?"

"Just... Thank you for giving me another chance." Chanyeol said, staring into Baekhyun's eyes.

"I... I just wanted to give us another chance. Truthfully, I had never got over you. When I dated Taeyeon, I thought maybe, just maybe I could forget about you. But then, I realised that it was impossible. I couldn't even bring myself to kiss her. It was just... just-" Baekhyun didn't even finish his sentence when Chanyeol pulled him into a hug and Baekhyun just buried his head in his chest.

"I know... So thank you for accepting me. It really means alot to me." Chanyeol said, breaking the hug. Baekhyun just smiled at him. Both of them saying nothing as they stared into each other's eyes, as if trying to catch up with everything they had missed over the years.

Chanyeol slowly leaned in, hoping to capture the sweet lips of Baekhyun he had missed for so long. Just as their faces were inches apart, Baekhyun suddenly turned away, his lips pursed together.

Chanyeol frowned, not understanding anything. "Baek? W-What's wrong?" He asked, heart thumping rapidly against his chest as he prepared himself for the worst - that Baekhyun had changed his mind.

"I-I'm s-sorry. I can't do it... It's just, I'm still dating Taeyeon and... and doing this, it's just wrong." Baekhyun said, still looking away as he was unable to face Chanyeol.

Chanyeol cupped his hands on Baekhyun's cheeks as he turned Baekhyun's head to face him. "Look at me. I understand alright? Don't feel bad or anything. I should be the one who is sorry for pushing you."

Baekhyun's lips tugged upwards a little as he took Chanyeol's hands. "No, it's not your fault. Just give me some time. I promise I will have everything all cleared up."

Chanyeol smiled and pressed his lips on his forehead. "I will, I will wait for you as long as you like. Now, it's getting late, go in and rest early."

Baekhyun nodded. "Drive safely alright? Text me when you reached home." Chanyeol smiled and nodded. "I will. Now go in."

Chanyeol watched Baekhyun open the door as he left. "Urm, Chanyeol!" He stopped inhis tracks when he heard Baekhyun called him.

"Yeah?" He asked as he turned around. Unprepared for whatever was coming, he only frozed when Baekhyun ran up, planted a quick kiss on his cheeks and ran back into the house. He only came back to his senses when he heard the door slam shut. Touching the spot Baekhyun had just kissed, his lips curved upwards unknowingly as he chuckled at how cute Baekhyun was before shaking his head and walking off.

Baekhyun slapped his face repeatedly as he leaned against the door. "Ahhh!! What did I just do!!" He sighed as his mind wandered back to how he didn't even think before running to Chanyeol and giving him a peck on his cheeks.

"Aish! Stop thinking about it!" He mummbled. Plus, it's not like they haven't done other things . (A/n: *coughs* ahem)

Shaking his head, he walked to his bed and laid down, his mind very complicated. He had just accepted Chanyeol and now he had to settle things with Taeyeon. Something he dreaded the most.

Besides, that was the hardest part. Not to mention that he was scared of Taeyeon's father. Afterall, he was a gangster and he may or may not have "threatened" Baekhyun to take good care of his daughter and not break her heart or else.

He sighed in frustration as he head throbbed from all the thoughts. "What am I going to do now?"

Right now, he needs to think of how to break the news to Taeyeon without breaking her heart, which is pretty much impossible.

He was deep in his thoughts when his phone beeped. Taking it out, it was a message from Chanyeol.

To: My lil' Baekkie
I'm home safely just like what you instructed! But I miss you already :(

Chuckling at how cheesy his giant was, he replied.

To: Yeollie <3
Aww cheer up! I miss you too alright? Now, go sleep already.

In just seconds, he received a reply.

To: My lil' Baekkie
But I can't sleep

Seriously? Baekhyun couldn't believe it.

To: Yeollie <3
Gosh you big baby. And what am I supposed to do that you cannot sleep?

To: My lil' Baekkie
Hmm... you can sing to me! I'll fall alseep hearing your sweet and soothing voice! ;)

Baekhyun groaned as he read Chanyeol's massage. That giant wanted him to sing?! Unbelievable.

To: Yeollie
No way I'm going to sing to you. Besides, I'm not that good

To: My lil' Baekkie
Pweaseee Baekkkk just once?

Baekhyun rolled his eyes. He could envision Chanyeol making that pouting face and puppy eyes. He chuckled at that thought. Fine then. He shall make an exception in letting his voice be heard. He sang just the chorus and recorded before sending it to Chanyeol.

To: Yeollie
You better appreciate my efforts! I rarely sing to anyone.

Chanyeol smiled when he received the recording. He opened it and played it. God, nobody could beat his Baekhyun in singing. He could listen to this all day and still not get bored.

To: My lil' Baekkie
Omg you have no idea how mesmerising you sound. Now I miss you even more :(

Baekhyun raised an eyebrow as he read Chanyeol cheesy text. God, this giant is unbelievable.

To: Yeollie
Gosh you are really a big baby you know? I have already sang for you so you can sleep now

To: My lil' Baekkie
Alright... goodnight n dream of meee!!! I love you! 😘

Baekhyun smiled widely as he read Chanyeol's text. His heart fluttering when he saw the 'I love you'. He never thought that he would hear that from Chanyeol again.

To: Yeollie <3
Goodnight Yeol.

Chanyeol felt disappointed when Baekhyun didn't send him any 'I love you's. But Baekhyun did accept his love so that was at least an improvement. Maybe he just wasn't ready.

No matter how long it takes, I will wait for you. You have waited for me for so long, now it's my turn to wait for you and chase after you...

This is the update i promised yall hope yall enjoyed hehe
and happy new year eve everyone~~