Chapter 31

The loud blasting music and people chattering filled the room. It was the party Jongin and Kyungsoo decided to have before their honeymoon. I was just sitting at the bar, drinking silently and watching people talk and dance. Chanyeol was talking with Jongin and Sehun while Kyungsoo was – actually, I have no idea where he is.

My mind wandered back to when Jongin and Kyungsoo were saying their vows. It made me so envious. I was so happy that my best friend found his happiness.

"Heyo Baek!" A voice came from behind me, making me jump. I turned and realised it was Kyungsoo.

"Oh hey Soo!" I smiled and answered.

"Why are you sitting alone?" Where's Chanyeol?" Kyungsoo asked. I pointed at the direction where Chanyeol, Jongin and Sehun were. "Oh... Never mind then. I shall spend some time with my bestie!" Kyungsoo said and I laughed.

"Gosh, I can't believe you are married already."

"Yeah, I know right. I wonder what lies ahead of us now."

"Happiness." I said and Kyungsoo lets out a chuckle. "I feel so happy to see my bestie finding his happiness you know?" I continued.

"Yeah, so you better marry Chanyeol soon and make me happy!" Kyungsoo joked.

"What?! Marriage? Yah, we just started dating only!" Aigoo, this Kyungsoo. He pouted which caused me to pinch his cheeks.

"Awh... you are so cuteeee!" I cooed and he frowned, slapping my hands away.

"Who says you can't get married? You love him and he loves you. That's all you need." Kyungsoo said and I just smiled and looked away. I really didn't feel like talking about that topic.

"Yah, why are you avoiding me? Look at me." Kyungsoo said when he realised I was back facing him. I reluctantly turned around and he stared at me. "Are you hiding something?" Kyungsoo suddenly asked.

I sighed as I contemplated whether to tell him or not. I should right? His my best friend afterall. "Actually,I don't want to think about my future yet..." I said and my voice trailed off. Kyungsoo frowned when I said that.

"What do you mean? I mean,why?" He asked, confused.

"It's just.... You know, I have always been a jinx to those around me-" I haven't finished my sentence when Kyungsoo shook his head violently.

"No! Who says you are?!"

"I caused my mum to die. Chanyeol got knocked down by a car and my aunt's business kinda went downhill once she brought me to America. All of these, it happened because I was around." I choked on my tears as I said.

"All those things that happened, none of them were your fault alright? It was your father that killed your mum, not you. You were too young to do anything then. About Chanyeol, it was just an accident-"I cut Kyungsoo.

"No! It was my fault. If he never fell in love with me, he wouldn't have gotten into an accident!" I said, trying my best to hold back my tears as all those memories returned.

"It's not your fault Baek! If it's anyone's fault, then it's mine. I should have comforted him and stopped him but I didn't." Kyungsoo said quite agitatedly as I shook my head but my voice couldn't come out.

"Your aunt's business, it isn't  your fault either. There are times when business would do well and times when don't don't. It was just a coincidence alright? Look,it became better after a while right?" Kyungsoo paused and I nodded. "See, none of these were your fault. You don't jinx anyone. Nothing happened to me even if I am your best friend right?"

"Who says? You almost broke up with Jongin because of me!" I said as I remembered when Jongin misunderstood us.

Kyungsoo sighed before answering, "Baek, it was a misunderstanding. We've been together for years, he should have trusted me. It's through conflicts then our love would get stronger and unbreakable. Look, we are already married so stop blaming yourself alright?"

And that left me speechless. I slowly nodded my head and Kyungsoo smiled.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't be crying at your wedding party." I instantly felt guilty. Weddings were supposed to be a joyous occasion.

"It's ok, as long as you are fine.Baek, you have been through so much since young, now, everything would be fine. You have found your happiness. The storm is over." Kyungsoo said and I smiled. I really hope everything was over.

"Thank you. You are always here by my side."

"That's why I'm your best friend. Plus, I don't want you to fall back into depression again. The 4 year treatment would be waste then." Kyungsoo joked, trying to lighten up the mood.

I chuckled and gave Kyungsoo a hug. I am really thankful and lucky to have such a good friend.

"Yah, why are you hugging my wife?" A voice come from behind, making me break the hug.

Jongin and Chanyeol were walking towards us and I laughed. "Kim Jongin, why can't I hug my best friend? And who are you calling your wife?" Kyungsoo glared at Jongin.

"You of course." Jongin said and smiled while Kyungsoo rolled his eyes.

I laughed at the couple when I felt a hand snaking around my waist. I smiled and turned my gaze to Chanyeol. He then leaned down and gave me a quick peck on the lips, which caused chaos in my stomach and a blush crept on my face.

"Eww... Don't do that in front of me!" Jongin pretended to be sick while I blushed even more.

"Yah Park Chanyeol, you better not hurt my Baekkie, or else I would kill you." Kyungsoo warned, giving Chanyeol his death stare.

"Of course not. I would never hurt him. And who says you can call him your Baekkie?" Chanyeol said but Kyungsoo just glared at him. Ok,I mentally noted never to mess with Kyungsoo.

"Yah, you should stop looking so fierce, you are married now you know." I teased.

"So what? Being married would not change anything about me." Kyungsoo said.

"He is fierce now, but later, he would be very tamed by me." Jongin sang and Kyungsoo's eyes widened.

"Yah! Kim Jongin! I will kill you!" Kyungsoo shouted and his face was turning redder. 

"Really? You will be begging for me later..." Jongin teased.

"KIM JONGIN!" Kyungsoo shouted over the blaring music.

"Oops, satansoo unleashed. Bye!" Jongin said and ran off laughing while Kyungsoo got off the high chair with a little difficulty. (A/n: nope, I did not do anything)

I laughed at the cute couple. Chanyeol then sat at the high chair, ordering a drink. "Did you become so dirty minded because of Jongin? Because the last time I checked, which was 4 years ago, you weren't like this." I joked.

Chanyeol let out a chuckle and shurgged. "Maybe, maybe not?"

"Hm, I'll take it as a yes then."

We drank, danced and talked until we were tired before we left.

Baekhyun cherished every moment he was spending with Chanyeol. He really hoped that whatever Kyungsoo said was true.

But good things don't last forever, do they?

Yozzzz this is the chapter I promised you guys!!!! Woohoo I didn't break my promise!!

Another thing, I an going for hallyu pop fest today and I'm gonna see wanna one, sewoon and alot more other groups omg I srsly can't wait hehe ok byee~ have fun reading~