Chapter 34

Baekhyun POV

"Baekhyun-ah, wake up" I could vaguely hear a voice calling me. I slowly opened my eyes, adjusting to the bright surroundings. The moment I opened my eyes, I was greeted with kisses all over my face.

"Umph, Chanyeol!" I groaned and he just laughed.

"Come on, it's time to wake up or we would be late." Chanyeol said as he got off the bed and went into the toilet. He has been my morning alarm for the past one week. Yep, I have been staying with him since Kyungsoo got married. Well, because he wanted me to stay and I couldn't reject him right? And no, we did not do anything if you were thinking of that. But I liked staying with him. I mean, he makes breakfast for me, wakes me up, go to work together and I feel safe whenever I wake up with his muscular arms around me.

We left for work together and the moment we stepped into the office, Chanyeol was being called in by Mr Lee. We exchanged glances and I was worried he had gotten into trouble but he reassured me that he would be fine. I just nodded and went to my desk, continuing with my work.

Chanyeol POV

I took a deep breathe before knocking on the door. Although I reassured Baekhyun I would be fine, but I was actually feeling scared. I mean, who wouldn't when your boss calls you in.

"Come in," Mr lee said and I turned the door knob, bowed before standing in front of him.

"What did you call me for?" I asked politely and Mr Lee gestured me to have a seat. I nodded and sat down, my heart still beating quite quickly.

"I will just get straight to the point. I believe you know Mr Nam right?" Mr lee asked and I nodded.

"He is one of our important clients." I said and Mr lee nodded.

"He wants us to send a lawyer over to London to settle some things for him and I recommended you since you have been showing great improvement." Mr lee explained.

"So, I will have to travel to London?" I asked to confirm.

"Yes. It wouldn't be too long. At most a month. This is not those big murder cases or anything so it wouldn't take too long." Mr lee paused and I nodded. "Are you willing to take this up?" He asked and I hesitated.

Accepting it meant that I had to be away from Baekhyun for almost a month and our relationship just started. But at the same time, this can help my career. Aish, I am going crazy.

"Chanyeol, you do know that this is a rare opportunity right? And I am giving you this chance but if you do not want then I would have to find someone else." Mr lee said as he saw my hesitation.

"Fine, I would take it." Now I would just have to explain to Baekhyun. He would understand me right?

"Great, you will be flying over the day after tomorrow. Sorry that it is quite last minute." Mr Lee apologised and I just gave him a smile.

After work, I waited for Baekhyun to be done with his work and we went home to have dinner together. Well, Baekhyun likes my cooking so yeah.

"Mm! This is my favourite dish! Thank you Yoellie!" Baekhyun gave me a peck on my cheeks when he saw his favourite dish. I let out a chuckle. My poor Baekkie, he probably would have to eat outside food since he can't cook and I wouldn't allow it anyways. I don't want him to burn down the house or hurt himself.

He sat down and began digging in like he haven't ate for days. "Chan... w-water..." He stuttered and I knew he choked. I sighed and got water for him. He quickly gulped down the water and let out a breathe. Gosh, he is like a kid. How is he going to take care of himself when I not around?

"Baek?"I called him.

"Hm?" He looked up from his food.

"I uh... well today Mr lee offered me this job for Mr Nam." I paused to look at him.

He widened his eyes. "Omo, Mr Nam? That Mr Nam? The handsome and important client?!" He asked in shocked.

"Yeah, one of our important client and please, is he even that handsome?" I rolled my eyes.

"Hmm... yeah of course he is. But not as handsome as my Yeollie!" He said and pinched my cheeks and I smiled. "So what? Did you accept it?" Baekhyun asked.

"Yeah, but the thing is, he is at London and I have to go over. The longest it would take is about a month." I explained and I saw the smile fade away. It was replaced with a pout.

"So long? I can't even stand being away from you for a second." Baekhyun whined.

I smiled and patted his head. "One month would be over very soon alright?" Baekhyun nodded.

"Yeah, I shouldn't be blocking your career." Baekhyun said and quickly recovered his smile.

"Thanks for being understanding." I thanked him.

"Yah! Did you really think that I would be angry?" I looked at him confused since he sounded angry now.

"Huh?"

"It's a rare opportunity for you so I wouldn't stop you. There's no need to thank me at all." Baekhyun said and I understood.

"Oh.... but still, thank you."

After sending Chanyeol off at the airport, I drove back to my own house. Since Chanyeol wasn't around, there was no point staying at his house and I was also running out of clothes since the last time I went back to pack.

I got off from the lift and walked to my apartment when I saw a familiar figure. A figure I never wanted to see ever again.

Ok last update b4 my exams start the entire of next week so please wait patiently!! And i promise a double update the moment my exams end!!
Hope you enjoyed this chapter and bye~~