Chapter 16

Baekhyun POV

I finally went back to work after crying at home for almost a week. I am going to listen to Kyungsoo's advice and all I can do now is wait for him.

"Baekhyun!" I heard an excited voice call me the moment I stepped into the office. Instantly, I knew whose voice it belongs to.I turned around, flashing a smile at him. "Why didn't you come to work for sooooo loooongggg? Were you sick?" Chanyeol asked me, making me chuckle.

"Yeah, I was not feeling well. Sorry that I didn't tell you." I said and he shook his head.

"No, it's fine. I hope you are feeling better now."

"Yeah, I'm fine. Now, let's go to work before we are late." I said, walking with Chanyeol beside me grinning widely. It's kinda creepy. Is he that happy to see his best friend back at work? But then again, who cares? I love seeing his smile.

***********

"Baek, are you free tonight?" Chanyeol asked while munching on his food. I looked up from my plate and hesitated for a while before nodding my head.

"Yeah why?"

"I just wanted to treat you to dinner. You ran off the last time. Remember?" Chanyeol said and laughed. I forced a smile as I recalled about his girlfriend. Is he going to bring her this time again?

"Is Eunsol going to come?" I asked.

"Should I ask her?" Chanyeol asked me back.

Yes or no? Urgh! I wanna spend time with Chanyeol but I can't just keep avoiding her right? Come on Baek, stop being a coward.

"Yeah, you should. I get to know more about her and see if you are good enough for her." I teased.

"What?! Yah Byun Baekhyun! It should be whether she is good enough for such a great man like me!" Chanyeol shouted and pout, crossing his arms across his chest.

Gosh, he looks so cute!

Omg, please shut up brain

What did I do?

Stop talking to me in my head!

Technically, you are talking to yourself

Whatever, just go away

No I can't! If not you will be brainless

What. The. Hell?!

"Uh...Baek? Haloooo.... Is Baekhyun there?" Chanyeol said, waving his hands in front of me, which jolted me out of my thoughts.

"Huh?"

"What were you thinking about? I called you so many times and you didn't even respond." Chanyeol asked.

"Ah... nothing much. Come on,lunch over." I quickly changed the topic. Chanyeol just nodded and we stood up.

*********

"You ready to go?" Chanyeol asked me once working time is over.

"Ah yea. Give me a minute." I said

"Ok, I will wait for you at the lobby." Chanyeol said and left.

I quickly packed my stuff, not wanting him to wait too long. But, I could feel butterflies in my stomach. I felt so scared all for a sudden.

What if I can't control myself?

What if I break down in front of them?

What if I screw this whole thing up?

Ahhh what am I going to do now?