Chapter 8

Baekhyun POV

I was at my desk working on a case when someone tapped me on my shoulder. I jumped up in shock and shouted. I quickly covered my mouth when everyone looked at my direction. I turned around, ready to scold that person for scaring me when I saw that it was Chanyeol.

"Oh...It's you..." I said softly and Chanyeol just smiled.

"Can I... Urm... talk to you for a while?" Chanyeol asked and I hesitated for a moment but I saw hope in his eyes. Maybe I should stop avoiding him. After all,he was just saving me from those guys.

"Yeah sure.Let's go to the rooftop." I said and stood up, leaving Chanyeol to  follow behind. I saw his smile widened from the corner of my eyes.

"So... what did you want to talk about?" I asked as I leaned against the wall and looked afar, enjoying the breeze caressing my face.

"Uh.... Kyungsoo told me about your past." Chanyeol said and I frozed. So now he knows about my past huh?

"Mhm... and you pity me?" I said sacastically as I turned to face Chanyeol.

"No! I don't mean it that way!" Chanyeol said defensively.

I let out a laugh. "Then?"

"I just wanted to apologise..."

I frowned when he said that. "What? I mean why? You know you didn't do anything wrong."

"I know you are scared of violence and you saw me punching those guys so you became scared of me right?" Chanyeol explained. I could hear that he was kind of hurt.

"Y-yeah.... sorry, I didn't mean it. I know you are not that kind of person but I just-" I was interuptted by him.

"Hey, you don't have to explain. I understand." Chanyeolsaid, flashing me a smile.

"Thanks" I muttered, my gaze returning to the small city below me.

"So... we are good now?" Chanyeol asked and I nodded my head. "Yay!" He shouted in joy and pulled me into a hug. I was shocked as I stood rooted to the ground. I missed his scent, his warmth, his touch. I missed everything about him. I wanted to stay in his embrace forever but I know.... that good things will come to an end. Doesn't it always?

"Urm... sorry... I was just really happy." Chanyeol said as he broke the hug, scratching the back of his neck. I chuckled, "That's fine"

"Since we are best friends again, do you want to hang out this weekend?" Chanyeol asked. Ouch, I am now being friendzoned.

"Uh... sure!" I agreed. I have to be closer to him to make him fall in love with me right? "Oh, by the way, I am not free on Sunday so is Saturday fine for you?" I asked, suddenly remembering my promise with Kyungsoo.

"Yeah sure, I am fine with it. See you on Saturday then!" Chanyeol said happily as we walked back to our desk.

No matter how long it takes, I will make sure you fall in love with me again. I promise

Oh god, it's another short chapter here though I keep promising longer chapters lol. But yeah I have been busy with the tests and competitions in school and finally managed to get some time to write this so yeah, yall can deal with the crappiness (is there even such a word?) of this story!

Ok now time for me to fangirl!!! Apprantly Monsta X is having a press conference here on 2nd March!! Omg and I can't wait to see them!!! Ahhh anyone here is a Singaporean and is going too? Or any monbebe here? Comment pls!!

ok I'm done fangirling. bye.