Chapter 47

"Jongin, I'm going to visit Chanyeol first before going to work. You coming along?" Kyungsoo asked as he was walking to the kitchen. Jongin turned around and shook his head. "Nah, I have a lot of meeting today. I'll go next time." Jongin said before going back to preparing the breakfast.

"Ok." Kyungsoo nodded as he poured a cup of water and sat down, waiting for Jongin to be done.

"Here!" Jongin beamed as he placed the plate in front of Kyungsoo.

"Thanks!" Kyungsoo said and started digging in.

"Oh, help me say hi to Chanyeol and tell him to take care of himself." Jongin said with his mouth full of food.

"Yeah ok... hmm this is really nice." Kyungsoo gushed. That brought a smile to Jongin's face.

"Oh right, how is Baekhyun? I have been so busy that I haven't talked to him for so long." Jongin asked.

"He's doing fine. He told me he has started receiving treatment and is staying with his aunt. He looks better now." Kyungsoo said and Jongin smiled.

"That's good to hear."

"Yeah. Ok, I'm done. God, it's so nice. I swear you should cook more. I never knew you had such talent." Kyungsoo teased and Jongin chuckled.

"I'll wash it. Run along now."

Kyungsoo nodded and got up, grabbed his coat and was about to leave when Jongin stopped him. "Uh, wait a minute Kyung!" Kyungsoo stopped in his tracks and turned around, tilting his head to one side.

"Yeah?"

Jongin went to his room and took a piece of paper and handed it to Kyungsoo. "I almost forgot. Baekhyun told me to pass this to Chanyeol." Jongin said.

Kyungsoo looked at it and he could feel his heart clench. He was guessing it was a letter to Chanyeol. Baekhyun did the same the last time he left Chanyeol.

"Ok, I'll pass it to him. Bye, see you tonight." Kyungsoo said and planted a kiss on Jongin's lips before leaving.

*****

"Hey Chanyeol."

"Hi Kyungsoo." Chanyeol greeted as he sat down.

"Are you doing fine?" Kyungsoo asked and Chanyeol nodded.

"Yeah, I am. I am reading books on law. Polish my skills so that I would become a better lawyer when I get out." Chanyeol laughed and Kyungsoo chuckled.

"That's good."

"Oh, how is Baekhyun doing? Is he eating well? Is he receiving treatment or whatsoever?" Chanyeol asked and Kyungsoo could see the concern in his eyes.

"Uh.... y-yeah.... He is doing fine..." Kyungsoo stuttered.

Chanyeol just nodded although he could sense Kyungsoo hiding something from him.

"Ah, Baekhyun wanted to pass you this." Kyungsoo said as he slid the paper across the table. Chanyeol's gaze travelled to the paper on the table, his heart pounding hard and fast against his chest. He pursed his lips and nodded his head before taking the paper.

Kyungsoo glanced at his wrist watch and stood up. "I guess I have to get going. I'll visit you soon, with Jongin next time. Ah, and Jongin said hi. He told you to take care of yourself." Kyungsoo said.

"Thanks. I will. Take care of Baekhyun as usual." Chanyeol said, but this time, his last sentence was softer than before. His heart told him that there was something wrong.

****

Once he was back at his cell, he sat at one corner. With trembling hands, he opened the letter.