Chapter 51

Baekhyun yawned and stretched as he pried open his eyes. Then a knock was heard on his door. "Come in." He said warily.

Taeyeon walked in and frowned. "Oppa, you're not ready yet?" She sounded confused.

"Ready? For what?" Baekhyun asked.

"Uh, Chanyeol is at the living room now you know? He told me that he is bringing you to work." Taeyeon said still confused at how Baekhyun had just woke up.

Baekhyun froze when he heard that Chanyeol was at his living room. "What even..." He mumbled before running out of his room. And true enough, Chanyeol was indeed sitting on the couch.

"Holy god, what are you doing here early in the morning?" Baekhyun asked, slightly annoyed. Well, he was not sure why the hell Chanyeol was here and secondly, he looked like a mess now. And Chanyeol was staring at him with a raised eyebrow.

"Seriously Byun Baekhyun. Did you just freaking wake up?"Chanyeol asked and Baekhyun nodded.

"Why? Is there a problem?"

"Yes. Because if you do not get ready by 15 minutes, you are losing your new-found job" Chanyeol said with a smile.

"Fuck." He cursed when he remembered he was supposed to starting working today. Chanyeol suppressed his laughter as he watched Baekhyun rush in his room to get ready while Taeyeon was already laughing at how Baekhyun was a muddlehead.

After that, there was an awkward silence at the living room as Chanyeol was alone with Taeyeon. Pursing his lips, he decided to break the silence.

"Hey, urm Taeyeon right?" He said awkwardly.

"Y-yeah."  Taeyeon stuttered, caught off guard by Chanyeol.

"Nice to meet you I guess. I'm Chanyeol." Chanyeol said with a smile, extending his hand. Taeyeon smiled back and shook the hand.

"Same here. I've heard a lot about you from Baekhyun." Taeyeon said.

"Well then, I'll just cut to the chase. Urm, I just wanted to say that take care of Baekhyun for me. I really hope he wouldn't get hurt again." Chanyeol said.

"I will. And I just want to tell you to follow your heart and do as your heart tells you to. Don't be afraid and you won't regret it." Taeyeon said and Chanyeol frowned. What did she mean by that?

He was going to ask her what she had meant but Baekhyun came running out panting. "I'm ready. And I only took 13 minutes!"

Chanyeol forgot about his question and stood up. "Great, then let's go. I'm running later than usual already." Baekhyun nodded and grabbed his bag, following Chanyeol out.

"Bye Taeyeon!" Baekhyun said and shut the door.

*****

"Woah, this entire building is yours?" Baekhyun asked as he got off the car.

Chanyeol nodded and walked in, the guards bowing to him. Baekhyun just trailed behind, admiring the magnificent building. It was nicer than what he had thought it would be. Everyone bowed at Chanyeol as they walked past and all Chanyeol did was nod. There were some 'good morning Mr Park' but Chanyeol didn't reply, not even a smile or anything. Just a cold nod. Baekhyun frowned. This wasn't like the Chanyeol he knew at all. He made a mental note to ask Chanyeol later.

Once, they reached the highest level, it was quiet and he saw an office. Walking straight to the office, Chanyeol just muttered, "Here we are."

A lady sitting outside immediately stood up and bowed. "Good morning Mr Park and..." She stopped as she looked at Baekhyun.