Chapter 6

Chanyeol POV

"Hi Baekhyun! Are you ok?" I asked, referring to yesterday's incident. He avoided my eye contact and just nodded. "Really?" I pressed on but he continued to look onto the floor and nod.

"Ne. Urm.... I have to give this file to Mr Lee. Excuse me." He said and rushed off. I frowned. Did I do anything wrong? I mean, he has been avoiding me ever since that incident. I guess he was very traumatised by it.

Baekhyun POV

I was walking alog the corridor when I heard the deep voice that I wanted to avoid. "Hi Baekhyun! Are you ok?" He asked. I knew it was referring to yesterday's incident. I looked on the ground and just nodded. Please don't ask anymore. Firstly, I don't want to remember it. Secondly, I want to avoid you badly.

"Really?" Chanyeol pressed on. I sighed internally. I frowned and nodded my head. I know he was worried about me but seeing him now makes me remember my violent father. The way he punched the guys non stop. That sent shivers down my spine. I know he was angry and wanted to protect me but seeing hik punch the guys made me scared. My father had already scarred me.

I nodded my head and came up with a random excuse. "Ne. Urm... I have to give this file to boss. Excuse me." I bowed slightly before rushing past him.

******

I was sitting at my desk as my stomach rumbled. Aish! Why do I get hungry so fast? I checked the time and realized it was already 2pm. Ah, no wonder I am so hungry. I thought it was just 12 or something. I just have alot of work that I forgot about lunch. Hehe

"Baekhyun! You wanna go lunch together?" Chanyeol appeared out of nowhere. I jumped at the sudden voice. (A/N: Kkaebsong~ I got a shock~ Hahaha )

"Uh... I am not h-hungry and I uh... Have alot of s-stuff to do so I won't join you." I randomly said and I saw the happiness in Chanyeol's eyes die.

His smile faded as he just nodded his head dully. "Oh ok then. Do your work but don't skip lunch." He reminded before leaving sadly. I sighed as he walked away. Why must you be so caring even if I am avoiding you?

Well, I guess you will have to wait for a while more, my little stomach.

"Yah!" Someome shouted in my ears as I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Ah!" I jumped in shock again. Aish! Why is everyone scaring me today. I turned and saw Kyungsoo. "Please don't do that again."

Kyungsoo tilted his head and crossed his arm in front of him. "Ok then tell me why you reject Chanyeol? I know you are hungry." Kyungsoo deadpanned.

"Long story." I said, continuing with my work. I didn't want to remind myself about the incident.

"Don't care. I've got plenty of time. Now tell me if you take me as your best friend." Kyungsoo said and I sighed in defeat.

"Fine. Yesterday, I was treating Chanyeol to dinner to thank him for helping me with me work. After that, we were walking home when he needed to go to the toilet. While he was in the toilet, I was dragged to a isolate alley and was almost raped. Luckily, Chanyeol came in time and saved me." I explained, pausing a while.

"Bwo?! R-raped!" Kyungsoo gasped and I nodded. "Since he saved you then why are you avoiding him? You should be thankful." Kyungsoo asked confused.

"Because... He punched the guys endlessly." I said softly.

"So? I mean, those guys deserved it. I would also have punched them if I were there."

"It's just that... I saw my father beating me up in my mind. It was like he was my father. Violence Kyungsoo. I am scared of violence. You understand right?" I said, my voice trembling.

"Ohh...." His voice trailed off. "But you know Chanyeol isn't like that."

Tears threathened to fall. "I-I know. But, he forgot about everything. Who knows if he had changed. I know I shouldn't think like this but, I am just really scared. I don't want to go through all those again." I said.

Kyungsoo POV

I saw Baekhyun's eyes glistening due to his tears. I bit my lower lips. It hurts me to see my best friend hurting. I know he is scarred by his stupid father.

"I am guessing you are scared of anyone who is violent right?" I deduced.

"Y-yes. It used to be worse but I received treatment in America." He said.

"America?" I asked. Wait, he was in America?

"Oh ya, I forgot to tell you. Alot of things happened in the 4 years. I have to find another day to explain everything to you." Baekhyun said.

"How about this Sunday? I am free that day." I suggested. Baekhyun looked at his calander in his phone before nodding in agreement.

"Yeah, I am free that day."

"Well then we will talk more on Sunday. Now go have your lunch. I can hear your stomach growling." I teased and he chuckled. I stood up and left.

I guess all my questions have to wait till Sunday.

Yo! I'm back! How have you guys been doing? And finally this chapter is abit longer than the rest lol. But hope yall enjoyed it or smth hahah okay bye!