Chapter 18

Baekhyun POV

"I want to propose to Eunsol soon."

It felt like my heart came to a halt when those words left his mouth. Why? He wants to marry Eunsol? But they have only been dating for a while.

"What? P-propose?" I asked, still recovering from shock.

"Yea" Chanyeol answered.

"But... But you guys only dated for awhile." I tried to reason.

"I think she is the right one for me." Chanyeol said and shurgged. 

"But you should know more about her first." I tried to persuade him, hoping he was just saying that recklessly.

"Nah, I believe her and I trust her. That's what love can do. I just feel that its right." Chanyeol said. I guess I cannot do anything else to change his mind. "Baek, you will help me right?" Chanyeol asked hopefully.

No, I don't want to. I wish you will not get married. I am still waiting for you, can't you see?

"Yeah, I-I will."

My heart ached as I remembered Chanyeol requesting me to help out with his proposal. It's been a week and Chanyeol is planning to propose to her tomorrow. I don't know what to do except to continue waiting,hoping for a miracle? But nothing. Nothing has changed except me crying everyday till I have no more tears.

I don't think I can take this anymore. I am really tired. I got up from my bed, tidied it before taking out a black box. I bit my lips, debating if I should open it.

Slowly, I lifted the cover and the shiny metal blade sparkled inside, tempting me to use it. I took it out and placed it in my pocket. Sorry Kyungsoo, I guess I am breaking my promise.

I took one last look in my house before stepping out. The wind hitting me the moment I stepped out. I walked to the tunnel, my safe haven. Walking to the centre, I sat down. I took out the knife from my pocket, staring at it. It's been quite some time since it touch me. I missed it. I missed the pain it inflict on me. I missed how it helped me forget my problems.

"This is probably the last time you are cutting me." I said and let out a laugh. I must be crazy, talking to a knife?

I placed the cold metal knife against my wrist, ready to cut myself.

"I will stay by you no matter what happens alright? I know you are very strong. You are the strongest person I have seen. Whatever obstacles that knock you down, you climb back up yourself. This is just another minor obstacle in your life. So, I am sure you can climb up again right? I am always ready to lend you a helping hand. Now, promise you will never try to hurt yourself anymore."

Kyungsoo's words replayed in my mind. Maybe he is right? This,everything is just another obstacle. I can overcome everything right?

No Baekhyun. Chanyeol doesn't love you anymore

No! He loves me. He just forgot about me. He will remember it soon. He is getting back parts of his memories when I spent time with him.

He forgot you and is going to marry Eunsol. So what if he remembers you? You can't break the two of them isn't it?

No! They will not get married.

Stop waiting for a miracle

I must wait. He loves me, I know it.