Baekhyun frowned. "I'll go with you."

"Eh no! Just stay around here and enjoy. I'll treat the ice cream today." Taeyeon insisted as she turned around and skipped towards the ice cream store.

"Yah! Don't get lost ok?" Baekhyun shouted and she just waved her hand.

Baekhyun sighed as he watched her leave. He continued strolling, deep in thoughts. All he could think of was Chanyeol. The reason why he was back was partially because of Chanyeol and of course, he missed his home. Oh, and best friends! He didn't want to keep his hopes high of meeting Chanyeol because he was the one that left him and he wouldn't know what to say even if he did see him. Moreover, he still loved him. A lot. But he knew Chanyeol would probably be over him or hate him even. He knew he hurt Chanyeol deeply.

He was so deep in thoughts that he didn't see anyone in front of him as he bumped into something hard and stumbled back.

"Oh my gosh! I'm so-" Both men said at the same time but frozed before they even finished their sentence.

That voice. Baekhyun knew it very well. He could feel his eyes becoming watery. His lifted his head and let his gaze stop at the man's face.

"Chanyeol" A whisper came out.

"B-Baekhyun?" The man croaked.

Both of them stared at each other, not saying a single word. Silence filled the air. Until Chanyeol decided to break it.

"H-hi." He said. Chanyeol really wanted to beat himself up for saying that. Gosh, he can really come up with something better right?

"Uh... hi" Baekhyun replied.

"So.... I guess you're back? Well... I mean like you are urm... never mind" Chanyeol stuttered awkwardly.

Baekhyun forced a small smile, resisting the urge to just cry a waterfall. "Uh...yeah." His eyes never left Chanyeol's face. He still looked the same after 3 years. Still so handsome but at the same time dorky. (A/n: oops hehe)

The same silence resumed. Both didn't know what to say to each other although they had both longed to see each other. It was like they had a lot to tell each other but no words came out.

"Oppa! Your ice cream!" Taeyeon said happily as she came skipping back, a cone in each hand. But she immediately stopped when she saw Chanyeol.

"Urm... hi?" She said awkwardly but still flashing him a smile.

Baekhyun regained his senses and decided to introduce them to each other. "Uh... Taeyeon, this is Chanyeol and Chanyeol, this is Taeyeon, my girlfriend." He said as he intertwined their fingers.

Chanyeol stared at their hands. He could feel his heart breaking. But still, he forced a smile. "Really? Uh... congrats? I urm still have stuff so I'll get going." He said and turned to leave.

Baekhyun watched his figure slowly leaving, biting his lower lips to refrain from crying. Taeyeon knew Baekhyun was hurting and yet she couldn't do anything. She knew Baekhyun never took the initiative to hold her hands and yet he did it for the first time today, right in front of Chanyeol. She didn't know whether to be happy or sad.

Flashback

"Oppa! Wait up!" Taeyeon shouted as she jogged towards Baekhyun.

"Oh, Taeyeon-ah!" Baekhyun smiled.

They were both walking back home together since they were best friends. Well, Baekhyun got to know Taeyeon from his workplace and they soon became best friends.

"Urm.... Oppa, I've got something to tell you." Taeyeon mumbled.

"Yeah?"

"I... I really like you..." Taeyeon said seriously and Baekhyun smiled.

"Eh? I also like you a lot Taeyeon-ah." He said and patted her on her head.

Taeyeon couldn't believe her ears. Did Baekhyun just return her love?

"J-jinja?!" She said and smiled widely.

"Of course! You are my best friend and I treat you as my sister. I obviously like you a lot!" Baekhyun said laughing and Taeyeon's smile faded. So he didn't mean it that way.

"Baek... I didn't mean it that way." She said and was met with Baekhyun's confused face. "What I mean was that... I like you more than a friend. I am in love with you."

This time, it was Baekhyun's smile that faded. He stopped in his tracks, in shock. His best friend was in love with him?!

"I...I.." He was rendered speechless as he stared at Taeyeon. "Taeyeon-ah, you know that I still love Chanyeol and will forever be this way. I...I can't-" He was interrupted by Taeyeon.

"I know but can you give me a chance? Give us a chance?" Taeyeon asked, eyes sparkling due to the tears.

Baekhyun hesitated. He knew that he would never love Taeyeon that way but his heart was with Chanyeol but he also knew that being with Chanyeol was almost impossible. He had to move on right?

"Fine... I guess we could try?" He finally said and Taeyeon smiled.

"C-can I urm... hug you?" Taeyeon asked.

"Uh...yes I guess? I mean technically you are my girlfriend now right?" Baekhyun scratched his head and Taeyeon smiled as she hugged him.

"Thanks. Thanks for giving us a chance." Taeyeon said happily.

"Am I supposed to say you're welcome?" Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon broke the hug, frowning at him while Baekhyun binked at her.

"Aish, you always ruin the moment." Taeyeon whined and Baekhyun was still confused.

End of flashback

Now that Baekhyun had met Chanyeol, Taeyeon knew that it was only a matter of time before she had to let Baekhyun go.

Ok guys don't beat me up I'm sorry!!! >.<

Anyways, just to let yall know, I'm going for cruise next week which meant I can't update cuz i hv no wifi sadly :( but i promise a update when i come back the week after so dun miss me too much muahhh 😘😘

Buh bye~~