sixteenth skate: the assignments

Yuri POV

I just got back from the rink and being that I'm tired I went to take a shower. It's not the same when I was in Hatsetsu. When my little mouse and I would eat and talk. I miss her a lot her smile, her laugh, I miss everything about her. I regret not telling her how I feel that day after the competition. Think back on the kiss she gave me I have hope that my feelings and hers are the same. I just got out of the shower and hear Yakov calling for me. The one thing I knew is that he knows which assignments I'm assigned to. I grab my towel and wrap it around my waist and open the door.

"Frist I want to know... The Japanese piggy... where is he assigned." I told him as he seems not surprised I want to know.

"He's assigned to the 3rd event the cup of China and 6th event the rostelecom cup in Moscow. As for you, you have 2nd event skate Canada and the 6th event with Katsuki." He said as I smirk at the thought of him here in Russia.

"What about the ice princess? Where is (F/n) Katsuki assigned to?" I said as that surprised him.

"The ice princess has the 3rd and 6th event like her brother. We might run into Veleta heir in Moscow." Lilia said as she drank her tea.

"And how do you know about the ice princess Lilia? I never seen you interested in many young figured skaters." Yakov said.

"I had my sights to coach her this year after Veleta passed away last year. Unfortunately, I wasn't in time to offer my assistance to help her win gold. She is one of the very few girls that I can see her love for the sport and express it well. Yet Viktor Nikiforov won and is now coaching her." Lilia said as shook in anger.

"Yuri you've met the ice princess in Japan."

"Da and she very different she's quiet and hides. Yet when she skates she's a whole new person." I told them my mind went back at how beautiful she skated and how her eyes captured anyone in one look.

"Well seems Mila might have some real opponents this season."

Your POV

After the girls explain how figure skating works to our parents. They told us where we were assigned and boy am I glad I have the same ones as my brother. The cup of China and the rostelecom cup. When the mention that Yuri was going to be there. My heart seems to skip a beat by the thought of running into Yuri in Moscow. I must have zoned out because I didn't hear what they said and mention me.

"Plus with (F/n) winning gold from her junior championship she automatically goes straight to qualifying. Meaning she can go-to cup of China without any problems." Yuko said as I sigh knowing I won't need to do a domestic competition.

'So I'll be against Mila and Sara in Moscow.' I thought but I zone out and notice Minako with her sign for me and my brother. The girls remember how Yuuri did in the nationals. Which he remembers because he came in 11th.

"Okay so you have to compete in the block champions," Nishgori said.

"What are those?" Viktor asked.

"Oh, we're talking about domestic competition now." Yuko began to explain how he can't go straight to this season championship like I can. So he has to work his way up by going to qualifying competitions instead. The first event this season is Chugoku, Shikoku, and Kyushu Championship in September.

"Great you'll breeze through that won't ya," Nishigory said as he hits his head.

"Have you guys forgot that Minami Kenijrou will be there. And he did beat yuri in the nationals." I told them and the girls said that he's the number one rising star among younger skaters.

"Good good it's so exciting we'll be there to cheer you on. I'm sure you'll do great." Dad said as he knows that mom and him won't be able to leave the hot springs close for a long time.

"Plus it will be great publicity for the inn." He said as business mode came back.

"Dad" I whine as mom reminds us to bring a sign.

Time skip

Yuuri pov

As I practice my free program I began to think about how much things have changed. I know skaters are competitive for a short time and it may be my last one. Until then I want to savor these moments with him and my sister. So please God let this last longer until my body gives up.

"One thing missing you haven't named the piece." I grab the marker my sister had ready for me. I wrote 'Yuuri on ice'.

"Yeah, I say that's perfect." He said as my sister agreed with him.

'Not long now in September my season with Viktor will finally begin.'

Your POV

My brother really is amazing to be able to grow and change so much with Viktor. It's almost as if he's really going to give it his all this time.

"Ah, I almost forgot what theme are you going for this season," Viktor asked as I smiled.

"You'll have to wait with all the others I'm keeping it a secret until then. Since I know you read my journal Viktor this is the punishment for reading it." I said as he laughs.

"Well, whatever your theme is you know you have everyone to support you." My brother said.

"Right I won't let you guys down," I said.

Time skip

That night I texted yuri telling him that I'll be in Moscow in the rostelecom cup.

I see well once the event is over we can hang out before you leave for Japan. I really want you to meet my grandpa too, but I get the feeling he'll confuse us as a couple instead of friends.😧

I don't mind meeting your grandfather Yuri. It be an honor to meet him after hear so many wonderful things you said about him.  😊😶

Alright, I call him and tell him the news. Don't worry I'll explain our friendship to him.😒

Don't worry about it Yuri I'm sure any grandparent would want to see there grandchildren making friends.

Da anyway I'll let you sleep your probably tired from practice today.

Yeah okay, Yuri goodnight ice tiger.

Yeah, goodnight ice princess.

Yuri POV

"Good night my little mouse. I'll see you very soon."

I lay down on my bed thinking how she wouldn't mind meeting my grandpa

I lay down on my bed thinking how she wouldn't mind meeting my grandpa. For once someone other than Yakov wants to meet him.

"(F/n) You really are a very unique person." That was the last thing I said before I fell asleep and had sweet dreams of my ice princess... my little mouse... my (F/n).