Oblivious as ever

~TOM'S P.O.V~

Tord checks if I have any wounds once again, he bandaged up his own leg previously so that's not freaking me out anymore at least. I can't head Tord talking at me though since I was for whatever reason thinking elsewhere. More specifically the 'assassin' as Tord refers to him.

If we're being honest I wouldn't of thought Yuu as a badass really, he seems more like a speech for freedom and not... Whatever he is. But I don't understand some of things he said, like referring to himself as 'us', and 'again', but what I didn't get was how he saved me in general, and why he didn't kill Tord while he had the chance.

Eventually you know-who snaps me out of it by grabbing my hand and saying my name. I look at him in the... Eye? "Uhh, yeah sorry?" I reply, watching Tord who seemed way more worried with a quivering lip. He sighed a little "I was asking if you were hungry" He looks generally upset, giving me the guilt trip.

"Uhh I'm not hungry tonight, I think I'm just going to go to bed." I say before just rolling into a lie down onto my bed I was already sitting on, facing away from Tord. "O-oh, ok! I'm not tired yet so I'll just do some work."

I watch Tord's reflection in the window, he's clasping a small navy coloured box tightly in his hands. But he stands up, walking away to the elevator; going up to one of the rooms I'm probably not allowed in. When I see, he's gone I sit up, pressing the spot in my chest which feels weird.

What the hell is making me feel like this?!

~TIMESKIP TO NEXT DAY~

~YUU'S P.O.V~

I sit with my coffee, my hands around the warm cup; We have never been much of a fan of the cold, I only prefer it because of the beauty that comes with it. It's unexpectedly lonely this morning as well, Jordan wasn't up and Damien is not even present and Paul is taking care of Patryk as you'd expect, Edd and Matt whom I visited have both fallen ill from the sugar and hell, even Mee is asleep so it's just myself.

So, they were right when they say when you're left alone with your thoughts; sitting and thinking about what you see in VR's, what you have seen and could have saved instead of running off. I could've saved everyone and I could've ruined everything at the slip of a trigger.

Before I could completely relive the memory of what was seen in the VR the door opened, and who was about to be shot walks in, "Good morning, Thomas!" I cheer, smiling as hopefully and convincingly as possible. He seems to flinch before watching me, "Uhh, hey." He seemed to still be red from the cold.

"Sorry I was looking for Edd... Or maybe even Damien" Tom says, pushing his hair back; looks like he has the blue hoodie back now. "Edd is sick and I'm not sure where Damien is," I sip my coffee, "come sit, what do you need them for?" I ask, clearly just trying to get away from crippling loneliness and thankfully it's Thomas.

He hesitantly comes over and sits down across from me, his posture displaying nervousness of some sort? "Well I had this weird feeling in my chest recently," He says, looking strangely... Strange? "It's gotten worse recently."

Tilting my head to display interest which I don't experience often "Really? Since when?" I decide to question him further encase of heart failure or something the Red Leader put on him. "Since yesterday after the 'incident'" He puts quotation marks up with his fingers.

"Strange, it isn't fear, is it?" I suggest, raising an eyebrow; oh hell, he isn't afraid of us... would he be, I am unsure why I suddenly care about how I'm viewed by others... Oh right, because they could be gone the next second so their thoughts and beliefs should be taken into thought before they're deceased.

Tom laughed a little "No, it isn't fear. I've certainly felt that recently", I laugh along; it was admittedly a silly accusation. "I can't say I'm sure, sorry Thomas" I shrug, probably having a hunch but I can't be bothered to deal with feelings this morning. He shrugs, "Ha, me too In a way."

After that the door got kicked open and slammed, we shoot our gaze over to Damien who was lying against the wall; looking terrified and stressed. "Damien, what's wrong?!" I shout while standing up immediately. He pants before standing up straight, "The outside, all that space for possibilities... Fucking terrifying" He explains in a breathy tired tone.

"Language" I laugh at his panic... I am aware I shouldn't though.

Thomas pulls a flask out rather early in the day and takes a sip "What are you doing here, and where's your... partner?" He looks to me for help but I just shrug. Damien starts going through cupboards and shelves, "Well, last evening's thrilling events caused him to be quite sore this morning." He starts checking a small packet of something.

"You purposely making this sound super innuendo filled or did you and the PG-13 freak really... 'Do the do'?" Thomas looks to me for a moment before saying his 'subtle' version of intercourse.

(RANDOM A/N: This is completely irrelevant but I must say this now before I forget it. The cutest thing ever; The WTWAY squad in pirate gear)

Damien thinks for a moment intensely "No I don't think we- wait... Nope, he's just badly bruised internally, that kind of thing," He smiled to us with a lidded plastic box in his arms, "It's actually really stressing me out." His voice started crackling like he was about to laugh, have a panic attack or cry... Maybe even all three.

Oh geez, if Dame's worried than you know it's serious. But he's always worried? Oh, good morning, Mee. "I'll be gone the rest of the day probably-" Damien glances to the door, his smile breaking a little.

"Oh, hold on, Damien," Thomas stopped him, standing up "I've been having a weird chest feeling recently and it's really bad now." He explains, putting his hand where I imagine it feels off.

The scientist's smile came back, feeling more lifeless now, although hard to tell; he looked to me briefly then at Thomas. "Boy you dumb and dense as fuck, the love of my life is probably dying and you be worryin' your blue-pineapple, monster mutant ass up about yo fuckin hormones you whore-moan. Get your facts straight before you become the 'homo' in 'homicide' ya pommy fuck."

We stare at him for a long time wide eyed. "Holy hell, Damien, lang-"

"Lap dance a horn haired communist, you satanic pacifist!" Damien pointed at me before flipping me off for a moment. Just give up, he's having one of his 'chapters'. After a sigh of defeat I go along with it, "Well, at least tell him I said hello" I say, sipping some more coffee.

Damien was walking to the door when he said it, "Yeah whatever," He waved his hand, opening the door with his foot, "I'm fucking your best friend." And thus, the door closed.

Internally Yuu felt a lever being pulled, one with the label read 'protector of innocent cinnamon rolls'. The cup in our hand was gripped into breaking it, making Thomas flinch his gaze over "Y-Yuu?"

Now is not the time for your monologue, Mee.

Well no one else is going to describe your insanity. Besides, I've got the best view of it.

Allow me to re-phrase, now is not the time for you.

What? Wait, Yuu put the bat down- Yuu no!

~TOM'S P.O.V~

I watch Yuu who has this small dead smile on his face, wide eyed and broken but with a cutesy smile. "Uhh, Yuu?" I reach to shove their shoulder. He flinches and grabs my wrist, easily making me scream for a moment. He stares me in the eye with a dead look in his eyes "Thomas, would you care to see a Damien crawling for mercy?" He asks like I was a child who was going to the fair.

A/N

Jordan is fine btw, Dame is just very paranoid now. I'll try and fit some Eddmatt in since that has... Been almost dead in this fic which I refuse to let happen.

This chapter feels very short but I'll be busy tomorrow bc I have an X-ray and I can't eat or drink until then.

There will be some fluffy (Kinda spicy) Jordame next chap.

Welp, till later tomorrow (AUS time)