'Just a friend'

~EDD P.O.V~

Matt and I left the flat after I finished helping Patryk, he had the day off since he was gone on the mission to 'obtain us', well really it was meant to just be Tom.

Matt begins screaming at the sky "Edd, the sky is getting dark, the sun is falling too fast!" I look up, the sun was already almost down. "Oh yeah, so it is" I put my hands in my hoodie pockets.

"What does this mean, have we been in there for hours, is the world ending, what is this?!" He threw his arms up in the air. I laugh, Matt is almost never out of the country, and when he is they all have similar time zones.

"Matt, the sun just goes down quicker here" I put my hand on his shoulder, he looked so traumatised it was hilarious. "You ok there?" I chuckle, investigating the bag that Patryk left me, it contained a dinner. That's pretty swell.

"Well, it's too earlier to head back.." I continue, Matt didn't reply, he's still staring at the low sun. Then stops when his eyes hurting. "Do you want to just look around?"

Matt nodded, "sure".

We walk around the sunset lit up camp grounds, the lab was closed off. The only thing open was a shooting range. "Hey, Matt!" I point to the gun practice. Matt turns away from whatever he was looking at. "It's a gun range, want a go?"

He went cross eyed and grinned "Yay!" we skidded over. Investigating the weapons that were on a wall. Matt goes to pick up a hand gun, I do the same.

Matt flicks at the trigger as if it was a toy, a loud bang echoed the area. Matt screamed and dropped the gun. I laugh a bit after I had the split second heart attack.

I walk over, "Matt, are you ok? This is the fourth time you've been traumatised today" I laugh behind my hand. Matt breaths heavily, grabbing my hoodie. I still laugh a bit.

Footsteps make the deck of the range creak. I stop laughing instantly, Matt turns around after I switch my gaze to the silhouette approaching. It's a red head, hair in a ponytail and side burns.

He is staring at us like he's really confused, his eyebrows crossed and squinting. His eye's lit up, he clicked his fingers "Ah, you're the 'guests'" he used finger quotations over 'guests'. He smiles sidely. Showing off a tooth gap in the front teeth.

I smile awkwardly back "Y-yep" I stayed nice since we were in a shooting practice with a likely trained soldier who gives off the worst vibe. Matt thinks so too, you can tell.

"Tell me, shouldn't you be hanging out in the spire with the captain?" He leaned on a gun rack, a full gun rack. I wave my hand around "aha, no, no. That's just Tom".

He seemed overly interested "Tom, who's that?" His grin widening, he rested his face on the hand that was linked to the arm on the rack.

I was about to explain but I felt Matt's eyes staring at me intensely. I look up, he notices how I'm trusting this guy way too much. I stop, the red head raises an eyebrow.

"Just a friend" I look down and hold my arm. He stands straight up, he tilts his head "Just a friend?" My eyes widen. I feel Matt's arm push my back lightly from the front. "Yes, just a friend" His voice becoming more intimidating. He took a step forward, glaring down at this red head.

He chuckles a bit a sigh mixed in. "Alright then, just a friend" he turns around, beginning to walk off. I sigh with relief too soon, he turns back around on a swivel. "Oh hey, I was wondering-" He stopped. His eye's getting wide at something. He says no more and walks off.

We turn to see what it was that wiped that grin off his face. "Patryk!" I cheer, he had a strong glare, watching the last thread of clothing from him to leave around the corner.