Hello You

~EDD'S P.O.V~

We've been walking for a little too long now in silence. I look to Matt who seemed to notice the awkward silence. Before we left we threw a cup of water on Patryk... Or Zaptryk. So now he's passed out on Paul's back. Which is so sweet in my opinion... Kinda?

Paul broke the silence "So, got any information or details about this person?"

Jordan and Paul walked in front of us because they actually knew where to go. Jordan sighed, sounding annoyed "His name is Damien". It goes quiet again.

"And you think he can help?" Matt asks.

Jordan shrugs "Probably". Silence.

After a while Paul and Matt both look at me while I was drinking my cola. Quickly stop drinking it and think. I swallow my cola before having a crack at it "So, is Damien your friend?" They look at me confused.

"That's... Complicated" He replied, crossing his arms.

Paul cuts in "I'd ship it".

"Not what I meant, Paul!" Jordan suddenly switches to a more aggressive tone. I heard Matt giggle, so I giggle as well seeing the humor.

"I mean he's... Just a really hard to read person" Jordan continued. "They're not exactly... Trustworthy with normal tasks like going to the store but they will damn shoot a man and get away with it if you told him to".

Oh, that makes more sense? Kinda.. "But Damien is really intelligent when it comes to... Whatever you call this" He gestured towards the passed-out Patryk on Paul's back.

We reached a rather large building, not as big as the infirmary but probably second in place. Jordan kicked the door open. It looked like a computer lab but without the computers and instead robotic or science-y looking stuff.

"Welcome to the invention lab or whatever... Call it whatever we don't really care anymore" Jordan lost enthusiasm mid-sentence. "Alright, where is he?" Paul asked, looking around. A shadow loomed over in the corner of my eye.

Matt noticed it and screamed, going to hold me for comfort. It was a person standing on the ceiling perfectly upside-down. They had bleach blonde hair that seemed longer on one side of his head than the other, he wore a white lab coat, black sweater instead of a red one... As for eye color, it's impossible to tell because of his black goggles with really purple lenses. Their expression was a small smile.

I heard Jordan sigh "Hello, Dame'". He walked over past us just by Damien who was hanging upside down. They just smiled brightly and poked Jordan's nose "Boop". Jordan glared at them with an unamused look.

Matt kept holding me "Why are you on the ceiling?"

"Are you telling me you don't want to be on the ceiling?" He chuckled.

I glance up to Matt who had just been hit with a cold internal struggle "I do want to be on the ceiling.." I giggle at his face of sudden crisis. "Tell me your secrets, man of the ceiling". Matt whispered.

The dangling man smiled "I've been standing on the ceiling for seven hours" He replied in the same tone. Both of us lean back, away from him.

He laughed "I'm just kidding!" Oh... Hah of course "It's only been four hours" he followed up with.

Never mind then.

"Can you get off the ceiling?" Paul asked as he rested Patryk on one if the chairs.

Damien thought for a moment, his hands in a gun like gesture over his lips. He then smiled again "Are you asking if I can get off the ceiling or if I want to get off the ceiling?".