Caffine rush

~MATT'S P.O.V~

A new day- I think, it's really dark for a day... But anyway; It's a brand-new day and me and Edd are walking to the lab, chatting about simple things while holding hands. Eventually, we reach the door to the unknown named lab. He tightens his grip on my hand, "Hold on, I gotta check something."

"What?" I look down at him, confused since we don't have anything to really check. He stays silent, looking slightly afraid before looking up at me "Have you noticed Yuu acts a little... inhuman?" He shrugs after using 'inhuman'. "Of course I've noticed," I smile, hopefully reassuring him, this makes him seem more worried, better try a new approach, "But I'm sure he has a good reason for it, he's obviously protective towards his friends" I try to cheer him up.

He glances a bit, thinking about it "Alright... Yeah, you're probably right!" he cheers up, smiling up at me with a brighter glint in his eyes, what I like to see in the morning. "Heh yeah, he's probably the sanest one here" Edd says as I open the door.

"Good morning!" Yuu's voice cheers loudly at us, we stare wide eyed as he uses a wrench on a bazooka on the table. He waved quickly before returning to the massive weapon. "W-what are you doing?" Edd asks, sounding way more fearful.

"Saying hello" he sang this a little, pausing for a moment, leaving a silence then singing another "Hello!" brightly while waving speedily.

I hold Edd slightly, "Uhm, why?" it was my turn to ask. After staring at him a while I see he has bags under his eyes and his pupils are shaking- Like he's on a caffeine rush? "Oh, right!" He puts his hand on his cheek in shock while going cross eyed he put's his foot on the weapon while grabbing a leather belt like piece, starting to make a strap on the gun.

"Well, you see; I went out earlier this morning- actually it could've been late yesterday to get pieces. When I came back Paul had gone to talk to Patty, so I thought 'hey why not make some coffee to catch up on some work?'" He grabbed the papers he was probably working on and threw them all in the air, letting them all fly around, "So I made some coffee, but I felt bad making coffee and not giving it to anyone!" He looked to us with a guilty look while shrugging. He is talking way to quickly.

"Then you drank it all?" I ask, raising an eyebrow before walking over to hold the weapon down so Yuu didn't have to stand on it, "Thank you, Matt" He smiled cheerily again, "Also yes, sorry... It got cold while I was waiting- I didn't want you to have cold coffee... And I didn't want to waste it either!" He finished putting on the strap, he sighed in relief.

"The bazooka?" Edd asks, coming over and staying behind me.

Yuu giggles a little, smiling and shrugging, "Well, you know what they say; when a man is alone, bored at three am, you... you gotta have fourteen cups of coffee... And make a bazooka" He lost the moral of his quote half way through. He then picked up a plastic cup with coffee in it and drank a bit more.

"Isn't your knife gun deadly enough?" Edd asks, holding onto me around the waist because of his height. He takes the cup away, going cross-eyed as he swallowed "Knife gun- oh you mean Betsy!" He stepped back, picking up the sword like weapon, spinning around, doing a little 'la-dee-da' song under his breath before picking up some pieces of paper on the table, throwing them up into the air before impaling them all on the sword and pressing the trigger, blasting the paper pieces off the gun.

We stare at him wide eyed. "That's so deadly" Edd stated in awe.

They snort, "I know, is it not great?" They hug the weapon, smiling like a cat- Did I mention he's standing on the table? Because he is. He made a small noise like a purr "Ahh, made of impure titanium steel" He looked like he was about to start drooling.